A few questions

80BSY

In that case, there's a lot to be said for getting something that's spent a year or two in the hands of a really good builder. That way, regardless of the cars origins it should have had the post build "development" work done! And any little niggles put right.  :t-up:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bobsy

• markcoopers

• Mark (smokey mow)

• 80BSY

That is 100% what I'm hoping to find. How do you rate my chances???

Excellent; you've only got to look at some of the (re)build threads on the Boardroom here to see the devotion to getting it right that many members put into there cars.  :t-up:

Of course, do keep in mind that some cars may be a little more focused in a particular direction. whether it's as a fast road car, track special or competition machine, but that's a good thing, as it's all those little tweaks that keep you away from driving it when you have to do them yourself.  :D  

Get to any meets you can, and if your still looking, Stoneleigh Kit car show will show you what can be done,  :t-up::cool: (and sometimes what shouldn't be done.  :0  :laugh:

That is 100% what I'm hoping to find. How do you rate my chances???

As above, pretty good.

Keep an eye on the For Sale section on here for a "club" car and with a bit of patience something will come up, it's a very quiet time of year at the moment though as many cars are still tucked away for the winter.  As the summer comes around they'll all either wheel them out and start being used again or we will make that difficult decision that it wont be used and so sell.

The beauty of buying off a club forum member is the ability to do a bit of digging into the cars history.  You can obviously check the receipts etc where available but if you click the magnifying glass next to a members name you get a list of all their previous boardroom posts.  It's a very good way to see what questions people have been asking and to find out what problems or fixes a car may have had in it's past.

If you haven't already spotted there's also a Suffolk meet this weekend. clicky

I hadn't noticed the meet, but unfortunatly I can't make this weekend anyway, typical as thay say  :(

I shall however make sure I get to whatever meets I can in the future, Stoneleigh is on the list whether I've got one or not by then.

I've wanted one of these for many years, but never actually done it, definatly will now though.