Castle Coombe

stephenh

how much BHP have you got now then Stephen...  :down:

fingers crossed you've forgotten to go on any kind of diet so it equals us out...  :t-up:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pete g

• RobC

• Mark (smokey mow)

• stephenh

how much BHP have you got now then Stephen...  :down:

fingers crossed you've forgotten to go on any kind of diet so it equals us out...  :t-up:

Well I didn't forget exactly.......... :down:  :down:  :down:

:) I've everything crossed that I'm your not going to leave me too far behind this year with all your lavish upgrades...  ;)

Did you achieve the 180lb ft then.. I'm assuming this is the case and the elite box has provided big grins  :t-up:

Rob, I've hardly been 3 or 4 miles in the b****y thing since it was upgraded, literally. Haven't even scrubbed the releasing agent of the new competition tyres properly yet.

First off, the speedo started playing up, and then packed up all together. :bangshead:  :bangshead:  You try driving through speed cameras on a dual carriageway, in a 30 or 40 mph limit in a car with a straightcut 'box and no speedo. I'd have been quicker getting out and walking!!

Then the speedo did start working again, and I went about 2 miles along a very quite country lane, got to the junction at the end, onto a better surface and decided to light up the shift lights. Hit the limiter in 1st & 2nd, into 3rd, and it all went dead on me. It was the fuel pump inertia switch. I couldn't find the b****y thing, so set off walking home. Anyway someone took pity on me, and I was lent a mobile to phone home. Long story short, got car on trailer, and still couldn't see/feel the inertia switch, so took the car back to Troy.

The inertia switch is now bypassed, so wont happen again.

The speedo turns out to be a faulty sensor, so am waiting for that so I can fit it, and go out and play again, hopefully with no interruptions next time.

The sensor was posted to me yesterday, so should have it tomorrow. Might nip home at lunchtime and fit it, then go out and scare some natives! :D  :D

The one time I've taken it up to the limit on full throttle, it was very difficult to change up without hitting the limiter, even though the first of the shift lights is set to light 1,000 rpm below the limiter! It is scarey quick, and the gear change is almost instant. Just need to learn to drive the beast now. :D  :D  :D

:) sounds about the same as me... I've all but given up with my speedo... just using revs at the mo. too

Still trying to get to the bottom of the hesitation but got a few things to try this evening... one being the battery which is all be a paper weight.

All in all... looking forward to Combe but it'll be tight if everything works as it should :)

mega jealous on the box and engine mods... I'm going to have to get some lessons off Tomo and grow a set of massive balls to beat you this year.. sounds exciting though... :) Looking forward to catching up and seeing the beast on Saturday :)

Well fancy going out on the road in one of our unreliable contraptions without a mobile phone  :sheep:  :p

Well fancy going out on the road in one of our unreliable contraptions without a mobile phone  :sheep:  :p

Yes, and Mrs H did ask if I'd got my phone just as I left the house, and I said I'd be fine, not going far!! :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

sounds like there could be a few break downs on the day including me  :D

big test the first one

Lets hope not pete...

sounds like there could be a few break downs on the day including me  :D

big test the first one

Ain't you sorted that little 4 pot yet :laugh:

Don't worry chaps, I'll be on hand to push your cars around the paddock  :p  :laugh:  ;)

nevermind the paddock, what about the track peter :)

You're on your own there Rob, it's a long circuit and I'm not as young as I was  :p  :laugh:

:) I've everything crossed that I'm your not going to leave me too far behind this year with all your lavish upgrades...  ;)

Did you achieve the 180lb ft then.. I'm assuming this is the case and the elite box has provided big grins  :t-up:

Oddly enough, dispite the headline power, it didn't quite achieve 180 lb/ft. I think it could have done, but of much more value is the fact that for a band of almost 1,000 rpm., it makes 175 lb/or more. In other words, Troy has quite rightly gone for a broad upper mid to high revs power and torque curve. From memory, the peak torque is just under 178 lb/ft.

respectable... same as mine then ;)