Castle Coombe

stephenh

OK Class F speed series car, is that B3 or C4? ???  ???  ???  ??? I suspect because of our aeroscreens it has to be C4??

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pete g

• RobC

• Mark (smokey mow)

• stephenh

OK Class F speed series car, is that B3 or C4? ???  ???  ???  ??? I suspect because of our aeroscreens it has to be C4??

You ran in B3 there last year :p with the rest of F

It's only 10 minutes down the road from me so I'll pop down to watch and put faces to names.

Matt

You ran in B3 there last year :p with the rest of F

:D I think someone want to win a little trophy :)

how many runs do you usually get at Castle Combe?

Bit concerned when looking through the regs to read "opportunity of one practice run" & "Circumstances permitting, drivers will be given at least two timed runs"

Probably just covering all eventuality's, but don't give you much time to learn a new track  :p

Bit concerned when looking through the regs to read "opportunity of one practice run" & "Circumstances permitting, drivers will be given at least two timed runs"

Probably just covering all eventuality's, but don't give you much time to learn a new track  :p

Last year was one run of 2-3/4 laps practice and then two timed runs of 1-3/4 laps.

So effectively you got an extra lap practice compared to a timed run.  I guess they do it that way as Castle Combe is such a long track compared to most other venues and gives more time for competitive runs.

Don't forget you can also walk or cycle the track as many times as you want the night before and first thing in the morning, plus there's also youtube.

Last year was one run of 2-3/4 laps practice and then two timed runs of 1-3/4 laps.

So effectively you got an extra lap practice compared to a timed run.  I guess they do it that way as Castle Combe is such a long track compared to most other venues and gives more time for competitive runs.

Don't forget you can also walk or cycle the track as many times as you want the night before and first thing in the morning, plus there's also youtube.

Thats correct, its done that way to achieve the format of a full flying lap of the circuit and mainly aimed at the British Sprint Championship boys. Its proved to be popular and is certainly very spectacular.

Unfortunately 4 x straight runs of 1 3/4 laps is not achievable in the operating window (planning permission) for the event, when you have taken into consideration potential delays, offs etc.

Therfore its the compromise that is made to be able to run this format of event with an entry level sufficient to make it still financially viable (just !)

:t-up:

• 3 weeks later...

just in case i get the car ready in time. what class is f

i read most entered b4 last year is this the same this year or not ???

just in case i get the car ready in time. what class is f

i read most entered b4 last year is this the same this year or not ???

There is/was no B4 last year Pete :D all F were in B3 last year  see last years entries/results here

lol thanks smokey

multi tasking and doing it badly ,not even reading things right.

• 2 weeks later...

My entry has been confirmed.

Just a note to everyone who is coming to the event;  

this is two days after my birthday!  

I am happy to accept gift vouchers, cash or cheques - oh, size 17 collar if you are wondering!! :p  :p  :laugh:

Size 17 noose ordered!  :p

But my boot doesn't have a collar, Paul! ???  ???  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

My entry has been confirmed.

Just a note to everyone who is coming to the event;  

this is two days after my birthday!  

I am happy to accept gift vouchers, cash or cheques - oh, size 17 collar if you are wondering!! :p  :p  :laugh:

its my birthday the dayafter

so please let me win :D  :D  :D

had final regs and entry list emailed last night...

:) boiling over with excitment :D