Just a few idears

SteveDavis

Well, i will be fitting a flat panel exciter to the dash of my car in a few weeks. Coupled to a small amplifier kit from maplin, it will simply be a case of plugging in whatever personal audio equipment you have, be it walkman, mobile phone mp3 blah blah. And at less weight than a pocket full of change, it give you something to listen to in traffic.

I had virtually the same idea a while ago, I was going to put a nice juicy 12v amp in the car and feed the input to it with a 3.5mm jack plug (or similar in the dash) and simply plug in a portable mp3 player / minidisc / whatever.

I think the idea of a flat panel loundspeaker is fantastic, but I was thinking of putting speakers into a removable boot cover.  i.e. Have one for normal use, i.e. carbon fibre / ally and no speakers.  And another for those moments when you want a bl**** loud soundtrack to accompany the natural bl**** loud sound track, the advantage of this is you could hook a pair of 8" speakers up to the amp and have some nice loud music for those seafront cruises or Westfield meetings!  :D  :p

Jon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveDavis

• JonnyBoy

• Jon Murray

• adhawkins

6 years ago i drove my cousins vx 16v westfield on carbs....oh... and it had 3 amps and a crossover network in the bootbox :0  :arse:

the car was used everday come rain, snow or shine.

this car (and the memories) inspired me to buy a westy 2 months ago.

stevedavis - go for it dude :cool:

errrrrrrrrrrr steve davis AKA mini me !!!!! :angry: your supposed to be angry and vindictive not chuffin stupid  :durr: so get your little bald headed hair free ,pale ugly arsed short  body into gear and start behing angry  :angry:  ;) o.k.