• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveDavis

• JonnyBoy

• Jon Murray

• adhawkins

Or....

An intercom system, you and your passenger can talk to one another without shouting AND listen to CDs/tapes on yer walkman thingy - mono only though.

A bonus is the headsets act as ear defenders and keep your ears warm.

On trackdays with helmet sets fitted, you can also hear your passengers scream in terror - and that can't be bad.

Well.....you intercom guys may start to struggle with legality in the near future.

legislation regarding the use of mobile phones in cars is about to get tougher. in short, any physical contact with a mobile phone is to be made an offence. i.e. no earpeice, hardwired or bluetooth.

The reason that bluetooth is bad is because poor old traffic coppers wont be able to see if there is a wire or not.

So i get the feeling from the research that a fellow student has undertaken into this little known and grey area that in the near future, intercoms and even those earplugs-on-a-string might get you in a bit of trouble.

legislation regarding the use of mobile phones in cars is about to get tougher. in short, any physical contact with a mobile phone is to be made an offence. i.e. no earpeice, hardwired or bluetooth.

The reason that bluetooth is bad is because poor old traffic coppers wont be able to see if there is a wire or not.

How the F*** will they be able to tell if thers no wire?

Andy :p

thats what i'm saying......you cant expect them to see if there is a wire or not.....hence bluetooth mobile connectivity being banned too!

do you wnat me to type slower  ;)  :p  :D  :arse:  :D

I got bluetooth hands free but what on earth is

a flat panel exciter

Presumably a flat panel speaker  :0  :0

Why  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Why  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

the horror.................the horror................... :arse:

Last time this was discussed I'm sure a couple of people that had stereos came forward.  They must all be hiding this time.

Nah, just been out of the country for 3 days.  My ICE is brilliant and very audible up to about 70mph so is OK 'cept for on the motorway.  I know I'm in a very small minority here but each to their own - can't see why people who don't want ICE should be judgemental about those who do.

I don't think people are judging, just voicing strong negative opinions......

On trackdays with helmet sets fitted, you can also hear your passengers scream in terror - and that can't be bad.

I have enough trouble getting the missus in the spare seat on the road.....  Any ideas how to do it on the track?

I suppose the ICE with a bit of Robbie, Elton or George playing might lure her in.......

Well I had one in mine for the simple reason that however much like a bike a Westy may be to drive, you know, the 4 wheeled m/c thing, you will still get stuck in traffic like every other tintop. But this is just about the only time it would be audible.  :p  :p  :p

Brian

.....hence bluetooth mobile connectivity being banned too!

My nice shiney new car has bluetooth fitted into it.  No headset required, just drop your bluetooth phone in the car (anywhere) and the handsfree kit picks it up through the plumbed in microphone and the 6 radio speakers.

I can also access my SIM card phone numbers via the radio display panel and wheel mounted buttons.

Can't see that being banned  ???

.....hence bluetooth mobile connectivity being banned too!

My nice shiney new car has bluetooth fitted into it.  No headset required, just drop your bluetooth phone in the car (anywhere) and the handsfree kit picks it up through the plumbed in microphone and the 6 radio speakers.

I can also access my SIM card phone numbers via the radio display panel and wheel mounted buttons.

Can't see that being banned  ???

Hey Jon, that sounds really  :cool:

Was that aftermarket of factory fit...??

What's the car?

Can't see that being banned

nope...seems like they are the first to commercially approach the impending legislation....

german manufacturer?

its the wearable link between phone and user that is the problem...so your system sound bl**dy marvelous.

Interested also to know who's system it is so I can show the guy who was doing a feasibility study into having the phone as the stereo removeable facia with voice activated control and feedback thru the stereo's speakers.

Chrisbin / JonnyBoy,

It's a factory fitted option on all new BMW's, I just took delivery of my second 320D SE and it was fitted as a factory option.

The car is a replacement for my first one that was a little bit problamatic, so I got a new car out of them for a negligable fee after a few letters/meetings (also told them my Girlfriend is a Lawyer - which helped immensley! )

The car I got was pre-ordered by the dealer with a few extra's added - I would never have specced the BlueTooth to be quite honest, but having used it, it's bl**** brilliant.  It can be paired with up to 4 phones, so if the GF is in the car, her phone also works on the handsfree!  :cool:

Jon