• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveDavis

• JonnyBoy

• Jon Murray

• adhawkins

well i am going out in one this weekend then i will know more about what i am talking about

Think i wont bother asking

Steve

You will be toooooo busy concerntrating on driving to be bothered about music, even if you could hear it. :sheep:

If you are going on a long journey you could always put your walkman on, with the speakers in your ears you might be able to hear something :zzz: .

Just what is your motivation for owning a Westfield?

Andy

well before i could drive i realy liked the look of them and the idea of a open top fun now i want one still for the looks the handerlng and performce

I still want one but just want to know what you can do with one and it is difficalt to go and see one it is not like just poping down to the ford garage

I am seeing one this weekend and so i will have more of an idea

steve

This is SteveD, or someone similar having a laugh right ???:)

Will someone please check up the IP addresses and shed some light on this ?  :devil:

Come on guys, stereo is not that bad a question.  I have seen a few with them in.  Seen an Seight with satnav as well.  Seen a couple with speakers in the bootbox.  No idea how you would hear that at speed as all the sound would be blown away.  There really isn't room anywhere near the seats, apart from for tiny little satellite speakers that you can't get any sound out of.  Last time this was discussed I'm sure a couple of people that had stereos came forward.  They must all be hiding this time.  

Steve - I have used a personal stereo on quite a few occasions.  It is useful if you get stuck in traffic (which I used to do quite often).  At speed you would have to turn it up to possible ear damaging levels to hear it over the exhaust and wind noise.  Of course a lot of people listen to their personal stereos at that sort of volume when walking.

You lot may laugh.... when I bought my car it had speakers :p  :0

It too me three hours and two fabrticted alloy panels to remove them and patch the bl**dy hole in the side panels.

Stereo............forget it, only adds weight ;)

Kinda spoils the fun of a westy! Reminds me of when i was working in my year out, customer bought a right hand drive porsche 993 RS clubsport (rare as rockinh horse s**t) which is the stripped out track car with factory roll cage, perspex rear screen, no carpets, no rear seats etc. Anyway he brought it in saying it was to noisey and that he wanted sound proofing and carpets fitting!! What a fcuking idiot! Said his wife didnt like going out in it! For christ sake it had six point harnesses and racing bucket seats, what did he expect!! Anyway we devalued his rare car by about £5000 and fitted soundproofing and carpets!! much to our disgust!!

The obvious problem I can see with a stereo is that to hear it you'll have to have it extremely loud.

Going back to basics for a moment, a Westfield has no roof or proper doors and just a little bit of glass at the front, even if you have the fabric roof and doors fitted your stereo will still be heard by everyone near you, as well as you.

My strictly personal opinion is that this will cause a nusance (spelling?)  and I wouldn't do it, but you could do it if you want to.

I'm tempted to refer to a comment I've used in the past which is that you owe it to the rest of us not to have people laughing at your car, but each to their own, just don't expect me not to be annoyed if you pull up next to me at the lights sounding like a disco!

As for the air con, you're having a laugh with us now, right?

Minghis.

Steve --

Don't listen to those folks with wussy 4 pots.  Get a proper SEiGHT with side pipes.  Stereo sound is standard equipment.

And full throttle between roadside walls will do a fine substitute for Beethoven.  Tunnels are more like Wagner!

Well, i will be fitting a flat panel exciter to the dash of my car in a few weeks. Coupled to a small amplifier kit from maplin, it will simply be a case of plugging in whatever personal audio equipment you have, be it walkman, mobile phone mp3 blah blah. And at less weight than a pocket full of change, it give you something to listen to in traffic.

Non-directional sound coming from right infront of your face might work...will let you know how well it goes.

It'll be pumping out a massive 8W......good enought to join the MAX power boys in a sound off???