• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tigger

• barney

• stephenh

• mark.anson

Cracking weekend I absolutely loved the place

good competition and banter as always  :)

Seconded. Just a b****r about the weather. Made it very difficult for a first timer like me to find how to go fast there. Still no idea where the correct braking points were for several of the corners.

how did you get on Stephen...?

you comments don't sound that promising...

And Braking Point 5 is about 50 yds beyond 3, but you can only use it if you have wings :D:D:D

Big thanks to Mick for letting me drive the car yet again. All i do is complain about the thing, but it really is a privelege to drive one of the best prepared cars in paddock.

How did the paddle experience go for you Paul?

Spoke to Pete and he enjoyed playing with Micks floppy things so just wondered how you rated them :D:)???:suspect:

I just got the results from the weekend, will post them later tonight but it may take me a while to make sense of them because nick has scanned them UPSIDE DOWN  :laugh:

You just can't get the staff can you  :oops:  :oops:

Seconded. Just a b****r about the weather. Made it very difficult for a first timer like me to find how to go fast there. Still no idea where the correct braking points were for several of the corners.

Ah well now, that would be for me to know and you to guess, I guess!!

You'll just have to wait until Tigger pulls his finger out and gets the results posted. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

You'll just have to wait until Tigger pulls his finger out and gets the results posted. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

:p:p:p

I just got the results from the weekend, will post them later tonight but it may take me a while to make sense of them because nick has scanned them UPSIDE DOWN  :laugh:

You just can't get the staff can you  :oops:  :oops:

And there was me thinking that Tigger's spent most of their days lying on their back relaxing, so upside down would be easier to read  :D  :p  :cool:  :blush:  :suspect:  :t-up:

As others have said.

Great weekend.  well run by LCCC and MG despite the tricky conditions

Watching Nick form the pit straight was awesome.

Thanks to Mark for letting me in his motorhome  :t-up: . a bit of luxury for the weekend  :t-up: . I could get used to that.

My turn to say a massive thank-you for all the support and encouragement oh and micky taking throughout the weekend!!  :p   :p   :laugh:

Thank-you's must go to Stu Hill and Barney for the driving lines and tips, they seemed to work   :D   :D

Also big thanks to Richie Kerr for the usual banter and for stopping back on Thursday night helping to finish the car off  :love:

Must say an especially big thank-you to Little John for doing my job through out the weekend, its a hard task looking after that Gould and the driver is a nightmare  :p   :D

Also thank-you to my mentor and team manager John Fish who made sure i wasn't doing anything daft and gave me driver coaching!  :cool:   :cool:

Finally got to thank dad for lending me his old car and for spending all the late nights with me getting the car sorted!! Thanks dad  :D   :D  (now can i drive the Gould???)  :p  :p

See you all in October!! Might have stopped grinning by then!  :D   :D

Tigger,

Flappy paddles are the future according to Mick, and I think he might be right on this one...

I needs to stop shuffeling the steering wheel as that just really confuses the gear changing.

Never missed a gear all weekend, but I think I got an up shift when I didn't ask for it.

I also need to master the technique of braking later and then down shifting. I did a  down shift into rocket with the steering on a very slight lock with too much road speed & it spun, only really confirmed all this when I had a look at the video.

The upshifts on full throttle are fantastic!

Just need more seat time and maybe a quicker rack, 1:1 anyone?

Well heres a vid of my one and only timed run on Saturday. Think ive sussed out why the engine went t**s up. Looking at the vid ive pulled 2nd at the bottom of the hill after peel and buzzed it. b*****ks! :arse: '>You tubage

Edited to add my thanks to Mick for offering me a drive in the "Area" car, and also to Richard James also for offering.

Great WSCC spirit always. :D

Ah well now, that would be for me to know and you to guess, I guess!!

:D

SEEN EM'  saying nothing  :oops:

Tigger,

Flappy paddles are the future according to Mick, and I think he might be right on this one...

I needs to stop shuffeling the steering wheel as that just really confuses the gear changing.

Never missed a gear all weekend, but I think I got an up shift when I didn't ask for it.

I also need to master the technique of braking later and then down shifting. I did a  down shift into rocket with the steering on a very slight lock with too much road speed & it spun, only really confirmed all this when I had a look at the video.

The upshifts on full throttle are fantastic!

Just need more seat time and maybe a quicker rack, 1:1 anyone?

What does he mean, the future, his future maybe ..... it's all history to me mate :D:D

Yeah getting the hang of downshifting whilst braking takes a little getting used to but not that hard.

Once you get the "Auto" working then it will be even easier, you just point and shoot LOL.

Saw a video on steering a race car and they only ever held the steering wheel at 3:15 which makes sense now.

Anyhow, glad you enjoyed it, will have to see how you did it at the next meeting