Anglesey

stephenh

yeh cracking weekend (and friday) ,  everyone that had problems i hope its not to bad :) and barry its only a scratch  :t-up: yellow gaffa tape is the future  :t-up: ,it must be the sea air !and yes looks like barnski has it stitched up  barring some major problems  :t-up:. its been a good season and whoever wins the series is a very deserving champion in my eyes

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tigger

• barney

• stephenh

• mark.anson

Sounds like an interesting Weekend, wish I could have made it buy hey ho, maybe next time.

Horror journey home taking 5 hrs instead of 3 due to A55 jam!

Had me dinner at 2245hrs and too tired for a beer

Great weekend again

Anyone got any new front slicks? :bangshead:

Big thanks to all who helped load the car on the trailer etc   :t-up:

Thanks to Barny for trying his best to talk some sense into me on the start line ref needing more fuel (I would not have made it round even without the off) but there will be no reaching into the racing drivers handbook, that one was all my own work, just got a little to fired up with the re run..... :blush:

And big thanks to Ade, who, even though I have now comprehensively cocked his season up, took it all in good humour (at liest while I was around) and now has the car in his garage for repair while I am on holls, talk about bad timing.  :love:

Ade has permission to post the run on here for ridicule, mainly as the "end" had us both wetting ourselves when we watched it, you'll see what I mean

And finally, to cap a bad weekend I lost the company mobile phone on Sunday afternoon, Paul (Aspen) you were right, these things come in threes and I had all my three in the space of 2 hours on Sunday afternoon.

Anyhow, sorry for the rambling post, I'm typing this while on hold to our IT dept trying to sort out a new phone in the 2 hrs I have before we need to leave for our holls

Right, off to take Debs on a well earned break, how she copes with me I'll never know.....

Cheers

Barry

Glad your all sorted now Barry, look forward to the vid  :laugh:

Take it you've called the circuit re the phone, sure someone would hand it in?

Rich

I dropped by Anglesey on the way to Holyhead on Saturday afternoon. Good to meet some of you and put some faces to names.

Very impressed with some of the cars, if I can get mine half as good as some of them I'll be doing well!!

Tom

lukes drove brilliantly in the wet...very smooth just lke the old man..    

What was Luke driving? Busa, Gould... or..surely not.. the Pinto!  ???  ;)  :cool:  :t-up:

If ever there is a place where the weather forecast is a complete waste of time outside a 30 minute time frame!

and those ruddy road works, typically no workers in sight on the sunday night, just glad the A1 was open

that aside a big thanks to Paul Morcom for trusting me with his steed, If I can do a 117 there is some great potential with that car

Another cracking weekend, just a  a pity about the mishaps.

Hope you enjoy the holiday Barry, after the performance this weekend you deserve it.

Well done to Nick, luke, Barney & all.

Big thanks to Mick for letting me drive the car yet again. All i do is complain about the thing, but it really is a privelege to drive one of the best prepared cars in paddock.

lukes drove brilliantly in the wet...very smooth just lke the old man..    

What was Luke driving? Busa, Gould... or..surely not.. the Pinto!  ???  ;)  :cool:  :t-up:

He was driving the Busa, but with the GSXR1000 engine, which went very well :D:D:D.

Great weekend, with the usual banter going on and nice to see so many offerers of double drives. It is what really set's the Speed Series apart, the spirit of friendship is still very much alive  :love:  :love:  :love:

As usual excellently organised weekends motorsport by Lancs & Cheshire / MG car clubs, really friendly and they tried to get us as many runs as possible despite the weather.

Another cracking weekend, just a  a pity about the mishaps.

Hope you enjoy the holiday Barry, after the performance this weekend you deserve it.

Well done to Nick, luke, Barney & all.

Big thanks to Mick for letting me drive the car yet again. All i do is complain about the thing, but it really is a privelege to drive one of the best prepared cars in paddock.

If you ceased to complain you would't get the drive ;)

And if I would only take notice of other peoples good advice, then you could really get the job done. :D

Cracking weekend I absolutely loved the place

good competition and banter as always  :)

Seconded. Just a b****r about the weather. Made it very difficult for a first timer like me to find how to go fast there. Still no idea where the correct braking points were for several of the corners.

Stephen

Braking points are easy

Brake point 1 is where you mentally think you should brake

Brake point 2 is where you begin to doubt whether you have left it too late

Brake point 3 is where survival takes over and your brain makes your right foot hit the middle pedal even when you didnt want to!( brown overalls also help here)

So its your choice :suspect:  :oops: