Potential results problem

cast iron

For that I think you have to blend target times and position on the day scoring.

Sorry - I dont understand why you say that. The current system does exactly this surely?

Probably just terms, but I don't see how your position on the day has impact anymore, all that counts is how far off the target you are.

If conditions are poor, then having some element of your score determined by how well you did in your class helps keep that event relevant without the complexity/arbitrariness of most of 1.6(d).

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mid life crisis

• ACW

• Mark Stanton

• Paul Edden

Looks like my idea has merit! :sheep:  :)

Count me in Terry, I seem to be the ONLY one who positively hates target times.

Just done a quick check of target times equalled or bettered up to MIRA 2,

Class A/C   once at Hethel,

Class B/D 3 times, Gurston, Goodwood and Wiscombe

Class E  5 times, 2 people at Gurston, 1 each at C/boro, Shelsley and Wiscombe,

Class F  29 times,    6 people at Gurston, 4 each at Pembrey 2 and C/boro, 3 at Shelsley,  2 each at Hethel, MIRA 1, Pembrey 1,Loton and MIRA 2, and 1 each at Aintree and Llandow.

Class G  17 times,   2 people at Gurston, Pembrey 1 and 2, C/boro and Llandow,  1 each at Aintree, Hethel, MIRA 1 and 2, Shelsley, Wiscombe, Loton.

Class H 15 times, 3 people at Shelsley, 2 each at Hethel, Pembrey 1 and 2, and Llandow, 1 each at Gurston, Wiscombe, Loton and MIRA 2.

So target times are fair across the board then it must be that not many people can drive in classes A,B,C,D,and E  :down:  :mad:  :down:  :mad:

and how many different people equalled or bettered times ????????????????????????

Simply that, so far every year the championship has taken place there has been a number of people every year taking it to the line for championship and class honours  ;)  ;) with good close battles going on  :D  :D

For this year ..... are the same people that are beating the target times the same ones that are once again having a good battle for class and championship honours  ???  ???

So having already banned class J,A and B drivers from winning the championship are you now saying the results are engineered to stop class C,D and E drivers from doing so? :suspect:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :down:  :down:

Why do you feel anyone has been banned  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down: that is sad  :(

Classes A and B are novice classes and also have the benefit of their own Novice Champion Award  ;) and novices have won overall honours many times  :) - 1998, 99, 2000, 04, 05, 07  :)

J which are none westfield cars ...........  that was a decision undertaken many years ago .......... after all it is the Westfield Speed Series  ;) how many other one make championships allow other car marques to win their championship  ;)  :) some don't even allow them to compete  :down:

Classes A and B are novice classes and also have the benefit of their own Novice Champion Award  ;) and novices have won overall honours many times  :) - 1998, 99, 2000, 04, 05, 07  :)

Class A is now amalgamated with C and B with D so is there still an idividual novice championships for A and C as there used to be or is there only the overall novice championship now?

No Mark,  I won the novice award in 2007, but not the overall championship!

In 2006 it was Mark Leybourne who won class A but not the championship.

From 2007 no novice can win overall honours in A/C without beating the experts in classes C/D. Classes merged for reasons that escape me!

However drivers in all other classes compete against novices in their own classes, and are not affected by the times of their expert competitors.

Why !!!!!

Some good valid points .... Paul why not take a look at some times for Classes A and B and formally put them forward to the SSOT for consideration for 2011  :)  :) perhaps you may also seek to be invited for inclusion to the SSOT meeting to discuss fully :) as many other drivers have done in previous years  :)

On the subject of novices I think the definition for a novice in rule 3.1 may need some consideration and review for next year as although the points scoring system has been changed since last year this rule has not been altered to accomodate this. :oops:

In the 2009 regulations if there was a single entrant in any class the maximum points attainable by the driver would be 16, whereas in 2010 and with the application of rule 1.6e the points awarded would be 17.  

Hence in 2010 if somebody attends two events as the sole class entrant and 1.6e is applied either because it's a new track or it rains etc then the following year they would have to compete as an Expert, yet with last years points system they would only have scored 16 points at each event and therefore could continue to compete as a novice for the following year.