Potential results problem

cast iron

Special pressie for Mr WSCC Chairman sir. Here is the vid of you at Llandow. Sorry no revs / throttle / gear on the overlay Canbus playing up.

Great to see that Aide - many thanks.

Was just beginning to get the hang of the car when I thought it polite to hand it back!   :down:  :down::(  :( (never driven a sequential westie before - and the up / down is the exact opposite of my tintop, so a tad confusing :suspect: )  Never realised that you had to be quite so rough with the gear changes - and as you know, I am just a delicate flower really.  :blush:

Piggie bank has been positioned in bedroom to save for an engine and box like that for my car.

Many, many thanks to Barry and Aide for letting me give it a go - but you have now started my upgraditus itch off again :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mid life crisis

• ACW

• Mark Stanton

• Paul Edden

Oh Gawd, I can see my spreadsheet being thrown in the bin for next year and started all over again from scratch  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:  :down:

Oh Gawd, I can see my spreadsheet being thrown in the bin for next year and started all over again from scratch  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:  :down:

What do you mean NEXT YEAR. We want to see illustrations of the effect of each of these ideas, in a swingometer technicolour now. Especially as interesting as some suggestions are I expect they have little/no effect on the result.

tigger £20 on its way if you can fiddle it to make me win lol :D  :D

That poor gearbox

My thoughts as well Barry! :D  :D  :0  :0

Smokey, exactly the way I was going to suggest. Get outa my head.  :oops:

If an event has no target times for some classes, but has them for others, then either times should be "manufactured" with an acceptable formula, or every class runs 1.6e.

My personal opinion is the same as John's, in that there will be less of a problem next year as many times have been set this year by quick drivers, but any existing anomolies need to be identified and corrected.  

A good idea Tommo and having had a think about it manufacturing target times could actually be very easy to do.

if we look at the 24 venues being visited this year 14 of them have a target time for all 6 of the classes A-H (I'm ignoring J for the moment).  using the 14 target times in each class from these venues we can then calculate an average time for each class which can be used for comparison purposes between classes.  

For example the average of the target times for each class are A/C:66.85s, B/D:65.11, E:64.48, F:62.93, G:61.46 and H:59.2. more importantly from this it can be seen that B/D times are 2.7% faster than A/C, F are 2.5% faster than E and H are 3.8% faster than G.  

Using these %ages we can calculate a target time for classes without a target.  At Gurston there was no target for classE but we can take the F target of 35.48 multipply this by 2.5% and we get a manufactured target time for E of 36.12 seconds and etc etc for other events.

Assuming we next years venues are exactly the same as this years then there wont be so many where targets don't exist but, assuming we may visit some different venues then manufactured target times may prove useful for these.  :t-up:

I must send you a spreadsheet I did a couple of years ago when we first started discussing time-based scores. ;)

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the real reason that many of the target times in the road going classes have been annihilated this year.

Kuhmo V70 super softs.

Next season lesss than 5% of the events will have their target times beaten

This will only increase when the next 'must have' tyre appears.

The  S/S winner this year, as always will be the one who puts in the most time ,effort, and application.

Its those qualities that should always produced the winning driver.

It maybe premature, but congratulations to that man. :love:

;) cheers mick

He said man not honey monster  :laugh:

I appluad the efforts of the SSOT but believe that frustrations developed due to last years introduction of target times ( for the reasons previously mentioned) but we did it at quite short notice and some target times were clearly too easy and indeed unrepresentative. In some case these were change and the class ecame a 17pointer instead. This year will have seen some great drives by many competitors and the spirit of Westfield paddock continues which is why I stay with it and dont go single seater. Next year is the issue. With the likelihood that 1B tyres will be allowed in road going classes ( A,B,C,D) rather than 1A we look like we will still have a problem as we will have no target times to use at any event!so they will all be 17 pointers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I liked the previous system except that in penalised winner if there were not at least 3 in the class etc. Indeed the last event of that year saw Class H and overall championship decided so it was quite close. I stopped being a member of NSSC cos they used target times which were class records and in the year when I set 5 class records and 3 FTDs I only came 8th overall as other classes were easier to beat target times in. Could we simply go back to 17 points for a class win irrespective of how many entered and that becomes the target time for others on the day . So if you are 2nd by 0.2 secs you score 16.80 points etc his would be fair in that wet, dry conditions etc will not matter and nor will rule 1.6e (sorry for swearing). I think this helps at places like Thoresby where year to year condition vary dramatically. Silverstone early this year was hot , dry like a summer day but it was only spring and the times this year will take some beating if we go ther eearly next year. Aintree is another track where a big headwind will b****r up your time but if it with you then times tumble. So  :oops:

What do you think?

Terry

I fink I wuv you Terry  :D  :D  :D  :D  :blush:  :blush:  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :D  :D  

The  S/S winner this year, as always will be the one who puts in the most time ,effort, and application.

Its those qualities that should always produced the winning driver.

It maybe premature, but congratulations to that man.

;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :D  :D  :cool:  :cool: well put Mr C  :cool:  :cool:

"Terry, I think I wuv you"

Oh s**t not you as well as Steve D :bangshead: avis

Mark Its just a passing phase - you will get over it :suspect:  :laugh:

Personally I liked the previous system except that in penalised winner if there were not at least 3 in the class etc.

It also has to be said the old system also allowed high scores to be obtained in some classes much easier than in others (not a dig here at anyone except at myself last year).

Neither system accommodates both issues, less competitive classes &  on the day variability in conditions. For that I think you have to blend target times and position on the day scoring.

For that I think you have to blend target times and position on the day scoring.

Sorry - I dont understand why you say that. The current system does exactly this surely?