Potential results problem

cast iron

Oi shorty lay off he he I will be putting my thoughts down on a £20 note and posting it to the ss comitee

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mid life crisis

• ACW

• Mark Stanton

• Paul Edden

I would like you to explain how so your second part - How so ?

Because quite clearly, as Mark points out, where there has been events where certain classes have no recorded target time to aim for, the winning competitor at that event is restricted to 17 points whereas other classes at the same event where target times are there to beat, the winning competitor can gain over 17 points and therefore, in the overall championship competition, has a greater contribution to his bid.

The competitor restricted to 17 may have drove out of his skin at the said event, along with the competitor who possibly scored more by beating a target time, but due to the current rules, the two class winners cannot be fairly compared (IMO) with regard to the overall championship.

I totally understand this bit and dont need it explaining further. There are quite a few what ifs that could happen with this years scoring system (i am not a fan of it nor a supporter).

What I am asking (and honestly Im not trying to be confrontational - just normally I've not the time to get involved in posting) is how has this effected this years championship with respect to the overall champion - IT IS THIS I OBJECT TO. Which was the negative comment I take issue with in the O/P.

I for one have had events where I have beaten target by over 3 seconds to get 17 points. Indeed my current lowest score to drop is 16.84 at an event where I broke the TT by nearly 1.8 seconds. Does it mater. I dont think so, The rules are what I signed up to, indeed I emailed Nick when it became apparent the 103% rule had been missed being applied. All of the leaders of this years championship have been affected by this one way or another.

Ade

Thanks for your clarification over the banning rule :D  I'm not going to fall out, all in the heat of the moment?

Nigel and John - well done for understanding and re clarifying my point

Ade (again)

My OP refers to a potential points problem. until the last round is run we wont know if it has had an effect. and i dont like hindsight.

If accidentally the regs had been written to give class X drivers 17 points for slowest up to 1 point for fastest and we had missed it in the review period, where would we stand?

OK Guys & Gals - time to turn the corner I think.

This years regulations will not be changed now.

Whoever wins the series overall will still be deserving of the title - and our respect and support.

TURNING THE CORNER

Let's start to think about next year now.

Clean sheet of paper - what would you do?

You are in the seat now - so how are you going to call it?

As I have said previously - all sensible opinions will be very gratefully received (even those of Stevey D!) but we have to remember that rules is rules and you can't please all of the people all of the time.  

Hence, let us use this opportunity constructively to make next year even better.  I am not saying that the SSOT (which I lead) can necessarily include all you "clear sky thinking" into next years competition - but I do promise that you will be listened to - and included in the debate going forward.

Chuffed as a chuffed thing today - finally got recognition from a driving god.  Cheers Aide :sheep:

not heat of the moment - Was me trying to be a bit of an a** - did it work ?

Lucky all but one event/ one class has TTs for the rest of the season. I predict however there will be two more rounds where 103% rule will kick in, or alternatively weather conditions will put in a wildcard.

Mark (Again) - What do you suggest as a constructive alternative for next year in detail. " Recalculate all classes on an event where %age or some classes didnt have target times to the old 17 points for a win" is a little vague. Since (excluding J classes) the percentages this year were:

100% - New Circuit

1 in 6

Gurston

Goodwood

Ty Croes Int

2 in 6

Hethel

Wiscombe

Lydden Hill

for the new circuits your new rule is aleady taking effect. Of those remaining:

Gurston, Hethel and Lydden Hill have effectively become 17 point rounds.

Pembrey which you use as an example had TTs for all the championship classes.

Me still no understand what your original post was trying to achieve.

I do have a new polo rad you can have for postage if you still need. but cant post it till wed/thus before ty croes.

My £20 note is in the post

£20 buys a lot of pringles  :D  :D

i dont care how many £20 notes he sends in

you cant get extra points for p*****g in the showers after a event :D:D  :D

or can you :p

My £20 note is in the post

It would be good if you put 15 of your £20 notes in the post to me Steve :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Surprising what you can do with £20.

And yes I would not go in the showers after me at anglesey

Ahhhhh well off for another magners ! Just sat here at anglesey circuit soakin up the sun

Special pressie for Mr WSCC Chairman sir. Here is the vid of you at Llandow. Sorry no revs / throttle / gear on the overlay Canbus playing up.

tut tut Mr Chairman  :D  :D  :D  :D  need to drive the chicane and sort out you lines thro the bus stop  :D  :D  :laugh:  :laugh:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

Taxiiiiiiii  :D

If an event has no target times for some classes, but has them for others, then either times should be "manufactured" with an acceptable formula, or every class runs 1.6e.

My personal opinion is the same as John's, in that there will be less of a problem next year as many times have been set this year by quick drivers, but any existing anomolies need to be identified and corrected.  

A good idea Tommo and having had a think about it manufacturing target times could actually be very easy to do.

if we look at the 24 venues being visited this year 14 of them have a target time for all 6 of the classes A-H (I'm ignoring J for the moment).  using the 14 target times in each class from these venues we can then calculate an average time for each class which can be used for comparison purposes between classes.  

For example the average of the target times for each class are A/C:66.85s, B/D:65.11, E:64.48, F:62.93, G:61.46 and H:59.2. more importantly from this it can be seen that B/D times are 2.7% faster than A/C, F are 2.5% faster than E and H are 3.8% faster than G.  

Using these %ages we can calculate a target time for classes without a target.  At Gurston there was no target for classE but we can take the F target of 35.48 multipply this by 2.5% and we get a manufactured target time for E of 36.12 seconds and etc etc for other events.

Assuming we next years venues are exactly the same as this years then there wont be so many where targets don't exist but, assuming we may visit some different venues then manufactured target times may prove useful for these.  :t-up: