TV Programme - A car is born!

Jon Murray

yip i watched all 5 episodes as well spotted most of the above stuff except the wishbone bolts,i was amazed to see a standard sump on his engine as well mind :0 .i wonder if it gets upgraded later on  :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Jon Murray

• Phssthpok

• Vlad the Impaler

And why did he have such misfortune fitting the diff  

The instructions for fitting the diff. specifically discuss the use of a 317mm M12 stud for the top mounting boss and if I had used the huge adjuster that he and 'Pete Mate' used, I guess I could have come unstuck too on account of the fact that my type of Sierra LSD diff. has two threaded mounts accepting 65mm M12 Bolts at the top, one each side convincingly looking at first sight like a hole going all the way through the boss!

I think he was a little 'heavy' with the hammer on several occasions!

[/old fart mode on]

Generally, I was pleasantly relieved to see that he has grown up a little since the 'Cobra' build and that he was taking the subject a bit more seriously.

[/old fart mode off]

Boy, I wish I had had an air wrench when I built mine ......

And about the adjustable position steering column - what happens about the pre-punched and covered hole in the dash?  :0

I enjoyed the program and was amused by the references to 'The Lawyers' - let's hope the next 10 episodes continue in the same manner.

GREAT programme glued to the first 5 episodes and can't wait for the racing part. Didn't pick up on the technical faults but I am a c******m owner :D

Westfield must be chuffed to bits with coverage like this and it has to be good for encouraging people into 7 ownership.

MikeW

I've had a look on the Sky guide and it says that the day-long showing on friday is of "A car is born" i.e. the Cobra one, and not "A racing car is born".........

Doesn't help that the discovery website is rubbish.... might be worth ringing Holly and asking her to double check with D H&L?

Beat me to it I see the blots in the rear wishbone and the blanked out Westfield on the air filter but hats off to the people that have guessed it’s a 4 speed box

Well I have an excuse I have an mt75

And I would have written before but this page has taken 3 weeks to load???????????????????????????

Also why do Westfield use steel brake pipes as they only bend if you like Jeff capes? I changed mine to copper ones

and the rear lobro joints were sealed units mine are not are they all like this or only new ones??

and the fuel tank mines only a year old and it has a pot on th e centre? not on the end

Jamie

I hope all of you have remembered that the next 5 westy programmes are on tonight.  :) The fact that Westfield apparently built most of the car (according to a previous entry) for this programme isn't unusual. The E-type  :love: restoration was apparently done to a previously restored car according to a chap who works here at the Jag and restores E-types himself  :cool:  :devil:

Has anybody taped the second 5 episodes, my sister-in-law, taped the shopping channel or some other B***ocks instead of A Racecar is born  :angry:  :arse:  :durr:

Whats it they say about wanting a job done well  :0  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

i would be VERY greatfull if i could borrow a tape to make a copy.  :)

Please make a sad obsessive VERY happy. :t-up:  :love:  :love:

Andy

I will pay all postage and treat with the upmost of care, is there anybody in the Cheshire area or going to the ?Mesyside meet next Tuesday. ;)

Don't worry it'll be repeated - Just like Stomp the spanners who kept repeating the word BASICALLY whilst he was pre SVA checking the car  :devil:  :D  :)

I'm sure I spotted Steve Clarks car on his trailer at one of the track sessions  :D  :)  ;)  Green with orange nose (the car that is)  :)

Basically, it was getting tooooooo obvious that the car had been "pre-built" and when he was into swapping over the bits and turning into a race car a lot of info could have been given about how, why et al.

Basically very entertaining though - final five episodes next Tues 8 Oct.  :p  :D  :)

Taped the 1st 10 episodes and got round to watching the first two last night.  Even saw my car in the factory shots - it was up there to have the suspension set up & some finishing off.

When doing mine, I had problems with the differential aswell, only I didn't have the workshop manager in my garage (at least that's who I thought I recognised the "lawyer" as).

Looking forward to the "racing modifications" bits.

Chris

Bath

My Build Site - Just Updated

Is this series gonna be on cable analogue as the listings are somewhat different to digital

Buzz :(

Has anybody taped the second 5 episodes, my sister-in-law, taped the shopping channel or some other B***ocks instead of A Racecar is born

Apparently the second 5 episodes are being repeated on 12th Oct at 8pm.

Apparently the second 5 episodes are being repeated on 12th Oct at 8pm.

Ta Mrs Westy  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up: