ZEi and SEi ???

Hanslow

He said he wanted detachable arches, which I assume you don't get on the standard ZEi body?

My fault for not giving enough info (again)  :durr:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hanslow

• Mark Stanton

• shaun

• adhawkins

With all due respect IMHO he's talking out of his  :arse: .

Yep Nick its all detailed within the Westfield Road Test Book  :p  :D  :)  Its the black and white one with a picture of the ZEi demonstrator in Kingfisher (Boghouse Blue) on the cover for ZEi start at page 58  ;)  :D  :p  :)

I'll say it again the ZEi obtained Low Volume Type Approval and is factory produced to the specified standards - yep the Engine may change and the bodywork refined  :p  :D  :) .

Who does it state as vehicle manufacturer  ???  Kit built  ???  If yes, then it ain't a proper original ZEi   ;)

Here's a challenge for the brain cells anyone remember the SPa   ???  :)  ???  and what well known BTCC driver used to own one in yellow  ;)  :D  :)  which someone reversed into in their tin top  ;)  :D  :)

Anorak will soon be available  ;)  :D  :)  :p

Thanks for your sitting on the fence opinion Mark  ;)  :D  :p

Think I might just wait a bit longer for the right 2.0 car after all that has been said.

Thanks for all your help people  :t-up:

I have a ZEI and the body work is not at all like this.

As per another reply the front side areas by the suspension is enclosed and the cycle wings have backs to them.  I think they were done for low volume type approval and not kits.

David

But Hanslow what's in a name  ???  If its the right car for you and you like it and all does it matter if it's called an SEi or ZEi  ;)  :)  Just call it a Westfield - who's gonna know and who cares

The fact that someone may have erred is of no detriment to the car - although the one you've spotted is only an 1800 it still looks a tidy motor (SEi  :D  :devil: ) and you could probably negotiate on the price  :devil:  :D  ;)

My point being quite simply that the original ZEi was given to the LVTA cars with a Zeta engine with EFi

:)  ;)  and would you want one of those  ;)

*raises hand*

Oooh, me sir !!  I remember the SPa !

Can't remember what was so special about it - was it a bargain basement spec car ?? - but it was around at about the time I was looking to buy my kit I think.

As for the BTCC driver, the obvious guess would be Rob Gravett, but only because he was involved with the FW400.  Close ??

The seller of this car is not being straight.  :devil:

The reason why the car has had a new body,  is because the VRM attached the car is listed as an insured total loss at DVLA.  The car has been disposed of in return for a total loss payment.

How do I know this?

18 months ago I ran a check on the VRM of this car.

If the car has been resold during this period, to be fair, the current owner may not be aware of this.

Also the car may have been re-registered since, rebuilt properly and be a superb car - but worth checking all the same.

Thanks for the info Shaun :)

Mark, as I will be buying, I obviously eant the best I can get for my money. I would prefer a 2.0 over a 1.8 (for obvious reasons) and I'm not one to rush into things so I'm happy to wait for the next ideal Westie to come along :)

Fortunately, I'm objective enough to weigh up what people say, but if people know the history it always helps :)

You've all been a great help (again  :love: ) and I'm sure I'll be asking advice when the next one comes up :D

Thanks again all  :D  :love:  :t-up:

Mark, as I will be buying, I obviously eant the best I can get for my money. I would prefer a 2.0 over a 1.8 (for obvious reasons) and I'm not one to rush into things so I'm happy to wait for the next ideal Westie to come along

Obviously, I'm biased as I have one but do not dismiss the 1800 Zetec if a nice Westfield comes along with one installed. Mine with throttle body fuel injection and a Raceline exhaust produces in excess of 160BHP and approaching 150 lb ft of torque. Clearly a 2 litre Zetec with the same 'goodies' would produce more and is therefore desirable but in road driving conditions, I am not sure that the difference would be that noticeable - certainly not enough to pass on a good car that happens to have an 1800 rather than a 2000 engine ...

I hope you find a suitable car, they are most certainly out there!

Yep Nick - The Spa was a "bargain basement" type offer no trim and enough to get you out on the road.

Rob Gravett = nope

Clue - He's a current BTCC driver  ;)  :D  :)

cng1

AFAIR didnt't L16 COS end up inder the back of a disco? if so, that's the first time i've seen pictures of the damage... was expecting it to be a lot worse

Yep L16COS was cat C salvage, meaning that it was in theory repairable.  In reality its more of a new build, using the old car as a donor.  This means that I get to make a number of improvements as I go, ending up with a better quality car and no SVA :-)

The reason why the car has had a new body,  is because the VRM attached the car is listed as an insured total loss at DVLA.  The car has been disposed of in return for a total loss payment.

Just a quick question...

Presumably the car will have had to be re-inspected as part of the re-registration procedure after a total loss?

Or are you saying it may not have been re-registered?

Andy

Presumably the car will have had to be re-inspected as part of the re-registration procedure after a total loss?

may be but not necessarily  ;)

may be but not necessarily  ;)

How do you mean 'not necessarily'. Do you mean it may have been re-inspected as part of the re-registration process, or it may not have gone through the re-registration at all?

If it didn't go through the registration process, does that mean the car isn't legal? Or do you mean it would be better to re-register it, but doesn't really matter (as far as the law is concerned) if he didn't?

Apologies, but this is the newbies forum :). Perhaps explaining it in words of one syllable would be a good idea ;).

Thanks.

Andy

;)  :) errmmm -

Perhaps explaining it in words of one syllable would be a good idea

Andy could you ask me an easier Q  ;)  :)  May be but not necessarily - means it may have been re-inspected or may be not - who know's  ???  :)  Not me  :)

It is simply one of the Q's that you would need to ask when looking to buy any car, not just a Westfield - Do as many searches as possible -  :)