ZEi and SEi ???

Hanslow

It was registered in may '97 and only has 2000 miles on the clock

is he a girl or something.....i racked up nearly that many on the way back from the SVA  :devil:

hmmm 30 miles per month, does look good though!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hanslow

• Mark Stanton

• shaun

• adhawkins

Looking at the picture, this looks astonishingly like a fairly current SEiW with a Zetec engine and a V8 bonnet. I wonder if he is simply calling it a ZEi because it has a Zetec engine in it. The lockable bonnet (presumably with bonnet pins) was not standard on the ZEi AFAIR.

The Zei is very similar to the SeiW and I'm using the SeiW manual on my Zei220 rebuild.  The big difference is the type-approved bodywork, which although it's a bit of a b***h to work with does look very pretty.

You can see some pictures of my car at: g2.nu/chris/westie

cng1

AFAIR didnt't L16 COS end up inder the back of a disco? if so, that's the first time i've seen pictures of the damage... was expecting it to be a lot worse

I see what you mean Simon, i thought it would be much worse than that, but did you see the top chassis rail in the bottom picture, i think it may need a new chassis,

I could have hitched a ride in it at Oulton Park a while back but i didnt have my helmet to hand and John was about to go out, maybe i should have run a bit quicker   :0

There are no cons as I see it to getting a ZEiW, apart from the fact that it's likely to have a Zetec engine in it      

AHM! :D

The original ZEi's had a different bodywork styling particularly noticeable in the nosecone and swept wing options  ;)  :D  :)  and were low volume factory produced  ;)  :p  :D

The bonnets and their fixing flanges and protusions were later introduced into the standard kit models - hence you may see one or a few referred to as ZEi, folks also use the Z prefix to denote Zetec engine  ;)  :D  :)

Spose I ought to find out then if it is a true ZEi or a just being used to denote a Zetec.

Better got onto my Scoob garage as well and check the state of that :(

Loks like a normal SEiW to me........The ZEi's had some sort of fill in bodywork where the wishbones go through to the chassis (bit like a c******m really, ie an almost totally enclosed front end), but I'm not sure if the fill in panels were used on cycle winged examples.

I think there should be some negotiation on the price, too :0  :devil:

Blatman,

Mine is supposedly a ZEiW. If the weather's not too bad I may make it to one of the Thames Valley meets in the not too distant future - you can take a look.

This car has been rebuilt, it has a new body  ???

Oops  :blush:  :durr:

Yeah you're right, just re-read the info the chap sent me and it does say it had an SEiW body put on it as he wanted a wide bodied car.

:durr:

That'll explain why it looked like an SEiW then. Should have read the info mailed to me in more detail instead of acting like an excited kid :(

How did you know Shaun?

And the Westfield ZEi had a Fraud Zeta 128 BHP 1.8 engine installed  ;)  :D  :)  a la XR3i  :blush:  :D It was a wide body independent rear end variant  ;)  :D  with a more "enclosed" body styling particularly the front nosecone. Produced under LVTA which limited it to a maximum of 500 per year  ;)  :D . It had a V8 bonnet style in order to sit the EFi under it  :p  :D  ;) .

Pete your car does not have the complete ZEi bodywork  ;)  :D.

P.S. The original ZEi demonstrator had the registration K1 WSC - which now sits proudly elsewhere on a bl**** quick and loud VX engine powered SEi  :D  :p  ;)  :)

just re-read the info the chap sent me and it does say it had an SEiW body put on it as he wanted a wide bodied car.

Am I missing something here ?  Has the car been rebuilt or something ?  Why would he fit SEiW if he wanted a wide bodied car - the ZEis were wide bodied weren't they ??

Mark - be interesting to look at all the derivatives of bodywork over the years and put together a sort of history, e.g. pre lit, low nosed narrow body, high nosed, ducted nose, kit bodywork, ZEi, ZK bodywork, V8 differences, etc., etc.

Does the Westfield book cover this ??