The Rebuild Diary...

devans414

Update :

Cam Cover Finished

CamCover.jpg

how did you do that? the cam cover looks great.

Thanks

Cleaned up the cam cover and then sprayed it with Etching primer

Then sprayed it with several coats of Plastikote Super Enamel

(one advantage is that *if* you chip it you can always touch it up for a good match afterwards)

Not long done another for a mate

StevesCamCover.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good evnin!

Have some progress to report ladies and gentlemen  :D

Gearbox has had new seals and a freshen up. I have also fitted an extension to the gearbox to set the gear leaver nearer the driver. Twas a home made jobbie so required some tinkering to get it to work, will have to have a look at this again when its in the car and running to make sure it opeates as i should.

Before :

DSC03633.jpg

After :

DSC03673.jpg

It's now wrapped and put away for safe keeping  :p

DSC03674.jpg

Diff, Prop and Bellhousing have also all had a flick over with some paint.

DSC03699.jpg

DSC03704.jpg

I have made good progress on the ally today. I have managed to get both sides of the tub, both footwell ends, passenger floor and 1/2 drivers floor done. Section in front of the scuttle is also done.

DSC03676.jpg

I have stared to drill the holes, already used 2 drill bits on 63 holes, eek! Hoping to get the rest of the drilling done tomorrow and de-burr the holes during the week.

Only done 1/2 of drivers side floor as the lowered plan section will be in steel for additional A*** protection  :arse:

Back panel looks good...

DSC03678.jpg

...Not!!!  :angry:

DSC03682.jpg

None of the b****y hole are in the correct position  :angry:  :0  :bangshead:  :down:  :suspect:

Any ideas why???

Spent some time keeping on top of the mess in the garge, started to lay carpet tiles to try and make it more tolerable during the winter.

DSC03702.jpg

Radiator on order to keep it warm to  :D

Think my garage could be a whole new build topic, got some serious plans over the next 12 months;

- Carpeted

- More  :0  sockets

- Beer fridge

- TV

- Heating

- Paint

- Built in cupboards

- Extend the kitchen accross the back of the garage = happy SWMBO and access straight from the house for me  :D

I have a bit of a shopping list for this week ;

- Brake pipes and accessories, can anyone please confirm the size???

- Fuel hose

- Angle drive for drilling those hard to get at rivets

- Silicone, what should I go for? PU adhesive from somewher like screwfix ok?

Back panel looks good...

...Not!!!  :angry:

DSC03682.jpg

None of the b****y hole are in the correct position  :angry:  :0  :bangshead:  :down:  :suspect:

Any ideas why???

Dave

Did the Back Panel come from Westfield  ???

*If* it did,  Don't fit it and send it back

That panel's a mile away Mate    :oops:     :down:

any chance its a widebody panel in a narrow body car? However I didnt think there was that much difference?

whoa hold up there guys ............... the back panel you have is for a new model westfield and will fit fine to a new car.

The chassis you have is much older (as seen by diff casing and mounts)

Its no good buying new off the shelf parts from westfield and expecting them to fit without problems to this chassis  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

A lot has changed to westfields since your chassis was made and parts are not always readily available, I hope you don't need new rear wishbones because they aren't stock items either  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:  if you think that anything behind seats will not be stock off the shelf you'll be fine  ;)  ;)  ;)

yup thats a rear panel for a later chassis as above
  • Like 1