Curborough - Saturday Evening

Vice Chairman

Steady on Tom, your old man is attending the Sprint School in the morning so he'll have some expert coaching from Messrs Algar and Hillam to name but two rather quick drivers  :oops:

better start practising your excuses  :p  :laugh:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vice Chairman

• peterg

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• barney

UPDATE - PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE COMING ON SAT EVENING

I have been in contact with the caterer - the score is;

We are going to be dining on Pork Loin in a Bap - with Chips and Coleslaw.  Pam (caterer) is supplying all the plates and cutlery - and Apple Sauce etc.

I am afraid there is a slight increase on the price mentioned in my first posting - the cost per head is now £4.50 (£2.50 for the nippers).  I hope this does not cause anyone too much of a problem.  Inflation I guess - as the original estimate of cost was given in March....

Also - I am trying to think of the best method of providing a mass pudding (desert course if your name is John Loud-one).  Would you mind bringing a small contribution -  a cake or similar to chuck on the middle of the table for all to share?  Again - let me now if you think this is workable.

I will of course expect you all to turn up with a bottle of chilled wine (stella if your name is Steve Davies) - to share with your other halfs :)

Only other thing you wil need is a chair and a strong arm if you  intend to compete in the welly wanging contest.  This will take place following the meal and the consumption of wine and beer - previous experience has shown it is more fun that way. :oops:

If anyone has an iPOD with speakers - so that we can make a bit of noise in the corner - this would be great too.

I am taking a generator - so that we can hook up a light or two - which should keep us bathed in light until we throw in the towel :p

Other than that - turn up with a smile - ready to have a good time - and pray for good weather!

edited to say - we are just about at 70 people now

BTTT

UPDATE - PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE COMING ON SAT EVENING

I have been in contact with the caterer - the score is;

We are going to be dining on Pork Loin in a Bap - with Chips and Coleslaw.  Pam (caterer) is supplying all the plates and cutlery - and Apple Sauce etc.

I am afraid there is a slight increase on the price mentioned in my first posting - the cost per head is now £4.50 (£2.50 for the nippers).  I hope this does not cause anyone too much of a problem.  Inflation I guess - as the original estimate of cost was given in March....

Also - I am trying to think of the best method of providing a mass pudding (desert course if your name is John Loud-one).  Would you mind bringing a small contribution -  a cake or similar to chuck on the middle of the table for all to share?  Again - let me now if you think this is workable.

I will of course expect you all to turn up with a bottle of chilled wine (stella if your name is Steve Davies) - to share with your other halfs :)

Only other thing you wil need is a chair and a strong arm if you  intend to compete in the welly wanging contest.  This will take place following the meal and the consumption of wine and beer - previous experience has shown it is more fun that way. :oops:

If anyone has an iPOD with speakers - so that we can make a bit of noise in the corner - this would be great too.

I am taking a generator - so that we can hook up a light or two - which should keep us bathed in light until we throw in the towel :p

Other than that - turn up with a smile - ready to have a good time - and pray for good weather!

edited to say - we are just about at 70 people now

Just to keep this one at the top for a while - want o make sure everyone see it ;)

Steady on Tom, your old man is attending the Sprint School in the morning so he'll have some expert coaching from Messrs Algar and Hillam to name but two rather quick drivers  :oops:

better start practising your excuses  :p  :laugh:

You could be right after my last trip to Curborough ended like this

ooops  :oops:

Jane is on the case with baking a cake. I hope to sample a good selection so I hope everyone else is also on the case  :laugh:

Jane is on the case with baking a cake. I hope to sample a good selection so I hope everyone else is also on the case  :laugh:

We just could be knee deep in cake by 9.00pm :D  :D  :D

70 people joining in now :)  :)  :)  :)

I won't have time to bake anything and I don't think I'll have room for shop bought cake in my little car what with laptops and printers, sleeping bag, hat, suntan cream etc etc  :oops:

Some people are excused. There is still scope for 67 others. Oh the joys of cake (would make a good book title  :laugh: )

We just could be knee deep in cake by 9.00pm :D  :D  :D

At least the dancing girls don't need to bring their own oil or mud.  ;)  :D  :D  :D

We having a food fight competition with the leftovers? :laugh:  :laugh:

...followed by a clearing-up competition :(  :laugh:

OK Folks,

72 people for food - which is just fab!

The caterer is providing all the plates and cutlery etc - only thing you will need to bring with you is a chair to park yur bum - and whatever you wish to drink.

We are going to erect two large party gazebo's near the catering hut (sorry - restaurant) and will have a large area to shelter in should the weather be against us - but checking the local forecast this morning, all looks good for the whole weekend - so fingers crossed.

I collected the prizes for the wellie wanging yesterday - you are going to be amazed :D

We have an iPOD to make some noise and I am going to pursuade Barney to lend me his generator for the evening (he doesn't know this yet - so please don't tell him before I get the chance to ask him!!) so that we can run a few lights etc. in the unlikely event that we run on into the darkness.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday - I am off to reinforce the tressle-table now - to take the incredible load that the cakes will exert on it :laugh:

in the unlikely event that we run on into the darkness.

Blimey I hope we don't run into this lot on Saturday night  :oops:  :0  :D

2398.jpg

in the unlikely event that we run on into the darkness.

Blimey I hope we don't run into this lot on Saturday night  :oops:  :0  :D

2398.jpg

See what you mean - I just love the way he wails his way through the lead vocal - not!

I meant - in the unilikely event that we party on past 10pm   :D  gonna need some light on the subject

in the unilikely event that we party on past 10pm  
heaven forbid  :devil:  :devil:  :devil: early beddy byes time surely  :suspect:  :suspect:  :oops:  :oops:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D  :D

You all mean 10pm Sunday, surely.

In the words of the messiah,

So tonight we gonna party like it's 1999, we gonna, oww