Cannock Area - April Meeting

Pew

Thanks Jeffro for a superb run and a great start to the season.  :t-up:

A fantastic turnout with 14 cars in total.

I understand there was a break down after I broke off from the group. Hope you got home safe?

:cool:

Edit to add - the missing AO was last seen crossing the border into Spain on his Bus!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carpetstu

• RedditchJay

• stephenh

• Pew

Yes, a great day, if just a little dusty, still better by far than some of, shall we say "damp" runs last year.  Nice to see old friends and new faces and the legendry Murtaya.  The Beagle would have been safer testing cigarettes!  Caught a glimpse of Glynn testing the new ploughing attachment on the back of his car.

That breakdown would be me!!!!

A broken wire from my alternator caused my battery to loose charge in about ten minutes and my car conked out.

Thanks a lot to gooders who stopped and helped. and stu i think for the number for greenflag as i stupidly did not have it saved in my new phone.

had to wait an hour for recovery, felt like a day!!!

Great day, good turnout, thanks jeffro. had a good time (for most of it!).

see you lot next run

john

what an excellent first run, I am a regular around the Clun area but a couple of roads I have not done before and they were top notch. Really enjoyed the blat and blowing of the cobwebs. Just got to get the dust out of everything now LOL.  :D

Cheers Jeffro, another cracking run

edited to correct some fooked up typing, all thanks to CarpetStu and his um brew, it must be doing the job

edited to correct some fooked up typing, all thanks to CarpetStu and his um brew, it must be doing the job

I get the blame for everything!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :p

Cracking day out    :cool:

Good to meet up with Everybody Again    

Thanks to Jeffro for the run     :t-up:

A Few photo's, Appologies for the quality, David Bailey i ain't   :oops:

StartPoint.jpg

TheMurtaya.jpg

ToiletStop.jpg

CarpetmasterChecksontheTroops.jpg

RestStop.jpg

FuelStop.jpg

Excellent run Jeffro - Thanks for organising  :t-up:

Good to see everyone again and of course new faces, I didn't realise it had been a whole year with no run and I'm like to thank the King of Bling for reassuring me the Murtaya wouldn't let me down.

Looking forward to the season now and need a Westie car cover for Stoneleigh so nobody knows what it is :)

PS Anyone watching this Ollie had nothing to do with engine going just for clarification he his worried that people will think it was one of his which it wasn't - if it had have been it probably wouldn't have even done one lap!!!  :devil:  :devil:  :laugh:  ;)  ;)  :p

Very well organised, great route and the weather was b****y good for April, although it might take a while to get rid of the dust out of the car.

Good to put a few faces to names, looking forward to the next run

Paul

:cool:

Ditto...as Paul says above excellent fun, b****y dusty but rather that than rain.... must be my age but as soon as I had got home, washed the car I ended up alsleep on the sofa for 3 hours.............anyone else have this ? ?  or is it me not used to a thrash out ? ? {i told the wife it must have been the sunhine and dust made me tired}  lol

Nope it you ... you are getting old  :laugh:  :p  :devil:

I got straight in the beemer and drove to Leicester East Mids airport to get the out laws car to save car park charges while they are taking an enforced longer holiday.

Looks and sounds a great day, sorry I was not able to make it.... Just on my final leg back to Telford after a mamouth trip home.

If anyone else has pictures please send them directly to ao@wscc-cannock.co.uk do not resize just send as is....