Target Times

Terry Everall

agree with mark well said dave,apart from....

So, now we are looking at external benchmarks  --  times set by other people (hopefully not just WSCC people) in equivalent machinery

just bare in mind in class E at most events we are put in with slick shod classes so those times would be a bit optimistic on 1 b's for target times on the day

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davidgh

• Mark Stanton

• V 8

• mark.anson

Dearest Dad,

At what point does your emotional investment in the speed series (both in fun and friends) overcome your enjoyment of being different and the emotional attachment to the very lovely Marmelade ?

Heresy i know, but time to rethink transfering to a westy chassis perhaps ?

(p.s, am sober)

agree with mark well said dave,apart from....

So, now we are looking at external benchmarks  --  times set by other people (hopefully not just WSCC people) in equivalent machinery

just bare in mind in class E at most events we are put in with slick shod classes so those times would be a bit optimistic on 1 b's for target times on the day

From how I understand the target times are only taken from wscc speed series results!

Dearest Dad,

At what point does your emotional investment in the speed series (both in fun and friends) overcome your enjoyment of being different and the emotional attachment to the very lovely Marmelade ?

(p.s, am sober)

Go on David!  you know you want to!

Del

class E at most events ... put in with slick shod classes

Stew

Clearly that would not be a valid benchmark. Nor would using class 2B times from Wales (where List 1B tyres are permitted) as the benchmark for Class C be appropriate. However, as I pointed out above with the Hethel example, the SSOT (GBTCS) will need to take some relevant non-westy data into account in order to establish realistic targets for 17 points at some venues.

D

(p.s, am sober)

He tried Martins I believs at MIRA and lets say was more apreciative of the westfield driving requirements :p  :D

(p.s, am sober)

He tried Martins I believs at MIRA and lets say was more apreciative of the westfield driving requirements :p  :D

True Mark. Considering it was the first time I'd driven it though, it did me well enough to be only 0.5s behind you IIRC  :p

(p.s, am sober)

True Mark. Considering it was the first time I'd driven it though, it did me well enough to be only 0.5s behind you IIRC  :p

I think you haven't quite got the hang of benchmarking :D  :D

Apologies if ive missed it, but will there be target times for class J cars.

How will that work given the range of cars that can compete in that class!

???

Apologies if ive missed it, but will there be target times for class J cars.

How will that work given the range of cars that can compete in that class!

???

Mark

J1-3 are "just for fun" classes. Cars in Classes J can't compete for the championship, so the points are not of great relevance.

When we turn up at SS events our target is to beat the guys in Class E on the day, not to gain SS points. I am glad to say that the spirit of the unofficial class E/J has been alive and well these last three years :D

Dont forget the class J/C clashes  :laugh:  ;)

I am glad to say that the spirit of the unofficial class E/J has been alive and well these last three years :D

And long may it continue. :D  :D  :D

Dont forget the class J/C clashes  :laugh:  ;)

ohhhhhhh nooooooooooooooo just built the car to class c regs to get shut of that blooody striker :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: