• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Target Times

Terry Everall

Ther are several other cars being modded including in H so its gonna be another competetive seasons

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davidgh

• Mark Stanton

• V 8

• mark.anson

as Nick said it will mean the number of entrants in a class is no longer a factor in points scored

Before you get too exicted don't forget you could win your class and still come away with less points if you don't get near the target time.

especially in E thanks Rushpuff :down:  :down:  :arse:

wouldn't worry about rushpuffs times guy hussy kicked his  :arse: a few times and that wasn't a westfield but was in class e within the last 5 years :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :devil:

Quick count of what is coming up next year for E gives Rushpuff 7, Guy 5 but with 6 others also holding best times and 4 with no best time known. Sounds like still plenty to play for ... depending on where you go  :D

i am absolutely positive i will be going to cadwell next year
I'm sure you will  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)

as Nick said it will mean the number of entrants in a class is no longer a factor in points scored

Before you get too exicted don't forget you could win your class and still come away with less points if you don't get near the target time.

Which is a good thing, I hope you're saying.

Key is to get the target times *correct* and to get all those interested to argue about them within the allotted time (that SSOC have provided) and NOT to argue about after the review period is closed.

but Mr C there will always be "arguments" and "discussions"  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D .......... its the nature of the competition  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

Key is to get the target times *correct*

Absolutely, as long as the target is achievable, I would rather see some one rewarded with extra points for exceeding the target than have most of the field demoralised by thinking it is unachieveable.

Before anyone says it no I don't expect the target to be achieved by everyone at every meeting :bangshead: but if for example you took Andy Rushworths time at Harewood in 2008 as the target (61-78) the next guy was 5-59 seconds behind(67-37) .

So all I'm saying is care needs to be taken in not setting the bar too high.

but Mr C there will always be "arguments" and "discussions"  ;)

I don't doubt it Stantman, it's just that you're wrong and I'm right. :p  :p  :D  :D  :D

But surely, it is what it is!!

It will be the same for everyone in the class at that particular venue, with the added advantage of not needing 3 SS particpants in order to maximise your scoring.

You will be able to pick your events now!!! :cool:

Exackerlee Mr T ........... individual driver strategy will an important role without the need to be reliant on anyone else  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D

Mr C .......... on no it isn't   :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:

Exackerlee Mr T ........... individual driver strategy will an important role without the need to be reliant on anyone else  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D

Mr C .......... on no it isn't   :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:

@ Tommo..."he's behind you" ;):D:xmas:

is it possible to run last years numbers through the calculations based on 2007 target times? would Rich still have won. O/all would all the class winners be the same. It would be interesting to see.

The key seems to be to pick last years poorly attended and relatively slower time events???

Work prevents me from a full championship next year but I hope to be able to break the chains to do Croft and Silverstone sounds tempting - well done for getting this venue! :t-up:

is it possible to run last years numbers through the calculations based on 2007 target times?

Get yer abacus out m8 and get crackin'  :arse:  :oops:  :D

is it possible to run last years numbers through the calculations based on 2007 target times?
It sure is - all you need to do is get target times from last 5 years for each class and all 2007 times and then enter them into a spreadsheet .......... once you've done that you'll have you info  :D  :D  :D  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  ;)  ;)  :D

It sure is - all you need to do is get target times from last 5 years for each class and all 2007 times and then enter them into a spreadsheet .......... once you've done that you'll have you info  :D  :D  :D  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  ;)  ;)  :D

a good half hour :laugh:  :laugh: