Speed Series classes for 2010

Terry Everall

I doubt very much if eligibility issues will change much, they haven't in the last 10 years, and when they have, like aeroscreen heights, for instance, it has been discussed in advance. If anyone has an issue, then email or phone the SSOT or the championship coordinator direct to clarify issues. The boardroom isn't the arena for personal queries, just creates speculation and rumour

It would be nice to know venues, dates etc for planning, which have been given in advance of final ratification, but it's a massive job to coordinate the fixtures and get the regs approved. I reckon you will find that all is being done and as quick as possible.

The link was missing to get to the provisional 2010 dates, just an oversight I'm sure.

I'm entering this year after 2 years off, can't wait!  :D

No Flymo tho' *sob*  :t-up:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• SteveD

• Terry Everall

• Mid life crisis

£15k + for a club class championship car, NO THANKS!

Eh Up!

If you want to spend £15k on a competitive car - you can have mine for £15k!!!  I will even throw in the trailer for that amount!  

My car is competitive - it has won it's class two years in a row now - but speak to anyone who knows me and they will tell you that I have spent hardly anything on it over the last 5 or 6 years - perhaps with the exception of a rolling road set-up once a year.  I have even run the same old Yoko A539's for the last 5 years - changed them ready for next year to Toyo 888's purely because they were rock hard.

I am a big fan of keeping the costs down as far as possible - see my previous posts - but I am not sure your proposals are the way to go.  I have shouted up on many occasions about what constitutes a "standard" car (some will remember the Windscreen Wiper debate!!) - many say that mine is as close to standard as a car gets - but there have been quite a few mods undertaken since I bought the car in 1997 - so mine is not really standard either (XE upgrade, wide track etc etc...)

In short - where do you draw the line.  As others have said - you can spend a fortune on modifying an 8v car - I used to really enjoy competing agaist Steve Robiinson in my early days - he had a heavilly modified Pinto - must have spent a packet on it - it was easily as quick as my XE.

Enjoy what you have if you don't want to spend money on it - like me - the joy of competing and the friends I have made is what floats my boat.  I will never spend enough money to compete with the likes of Del Hodder and Terry Overall - but they enjoy what they do so where's the problem.

Lets have a group hug everyone :p  :p  :p

EDITED TO SAY - THESE ARE MY OPINIONS ONLY - DIDN'T REALISE I WAS LOGGED ON IN MY "H'OFFICIAL CAPACITY" :bangshead:  :bangshead:  SHOULD BE LOGGED ON AS "EDDEN"

changed them ready for next year to Toyo 888's

Oh b****r!!!  :oops:

Will be like old times m8  :love:

£15k + for a club class championship car, NO THANKS!

Eh Up!

If you want to spend £15k on a competitive car - you can have mine for £15k!!!  I will even throw in the trailer for that amount!  

My car is competitive - it has won it's class two years in a row now - but speak to anyone who knows me and they will tell you that I have spent hardly anything on it over the last 5 or 6 years - perhaps with the exception of a rolling road set-up once a year.  I have even run the same old Yoko A539's for the last 5 years - changed them ready for next year to Toyo 888's purely because they were rock hard.

I am a big fan of keeping the costs down as far as possible - see my previous posts - but I am not sure your proposals are the way to go.  I have shouted up on many occasions about what constitutes a "standard" car (some will remember the Windscreen Wiper debate!!) - many say that mine is as close to standard as a car gets - but there have been quite a few mods undertaken since I bought the car in 1997 - so mine is not really standard either (XE upgrade, wide track etc etc...)

In short - where do you draw the line.  As others have said - you can spend a fortune on modifying an 8v car - I used to really enjoy competing agaist Steve Robiinson in my early days - he had a heavilly modified Pinto - must have spent a packet on it - it was easily as quick as my XE.

Enjoy what you have if you don't want to spend money on it - like me - the joy of competing and the friends I have made is what floats my boat.  I will never spend enough money to compete with the likes of Del Hodder and Terry Overall - but they enjoy what they do so where's the problem.

Lets have a group hug everyone :p  :p  :p

EDITED TO SAY - THESE ARE MY OPINIONS ONLY - DIDN'T REALISE I WAS LOGGED ON IN MY "H'OFFICIAL CAPACITY" :bangshead:  :bangshead:  SHOULD BE LOGGED ON AS "EDDEN"

cool man hugs  :love:

Pinto...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

don't you start grandad :laugh:  :laugh:  :t-up:  :t-up:

So 888s will be class F then Paul?

So 888s will be class F then Paul?

no hes going in h  :oops:

Well said Tommo and Paul  :D  :D  :D

What many still fail to understand is that the MSA Bluebook does not specify any classes for any championship  ;)  ;)

The SS caters for one make of car (and friends) and as such can encompass all variants as practically as possible  ;)  :D

Nick and all the SS organising team and mentors have been working extremely hard over recent months, not just days or weeks - looking at the SS not just for 2010 but for years ahead and endeavouring to see what direction motorsport will take.

A draft of fixtures has been released although not cast in stone and subject to amendment - I'm sure that 2010 regs will be available as soon as possible without any major costs involved except for those that wish to spend money  :D

are we still having hugs  ???  :durr:  ;)

what you mean "man-hugs"  :D  :D  :D  :D

wuv ya  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

yeh proppa man hugs  :durr:

Ooooooh change we fear change

I used to really enjoy competing agaist Steve Robiinson in my early days - he had a heavilly modified Pinto - must have spent a packet on it - it was easily as quick as my XE.

eh up VC! Congratulations on your elevation.

.... it was entirely standard, straight out of a Granada - or was it Grandad? It was only as quick as your XE because you were even lardier than me x

I used to really enjoy competing agaist Steve Robiinson in my early days - he had a heavilly modified Pinto - must have spent a packet on it - it was easily as quick as my XE.

eh up VC! Congratulations on your elevation.

.... it was entirely standard, straight out of a Granada - or was it Grandad? It was only as quick as your XE because you were even lardier than me x

Yeh, right! I couldn't keep up with either of you, and I'm half the weight of you both.    :arse: