• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brindle

• Terry Everall

• B5234FT

• Bean

its funny but i find my t1-r's extremly grippy idont know why there are so many negative comments about them. i got these over 888s cos i had to buy wheels, tyres and a geo setup all in one go so money was the deciding factor.

when i knew i was getting everything sorted i set about finishing off my old t1-s's and found some quiet roundabouts/big open spaces on my local industrial estate to go and see what happend when i did certain things with the throttle and sharp steering etc. ive been back since (esp one little roundabout which is great for drifting) and find it very hard to reproduce what i did before; the t1-rs just grip and grip.

perhaps they have changed them or just im not trying hard enough but those who know me know i wont hold back if i know im not going to do any major damage. they do go eventually but ive found this is usually well past the point of my abilty and i gust end up A*** about t*t.

as for their wet performance i couldnt recomend them more. ive had 2 accidents both in the wet (luckily with no damage) so when it was tipping it down on the way to chumley i was very apprehensive about going out, to my supprise the gripwas there so much i could cane it almost as hard as in the dry. the slippage was very predictable and easy to control.

perhaps this is all down to good geo set up and more experience in the car or maybe its down to the fact that like alot of stuff certain tyres suit certain drivers etc prob