Cleggy's Spyder Rebuild 17 07 09

Cleggy the Spyder Man

dont give me any ideas smokey  :devil:

Dave - spent an hour tonight cleaning up the welds - another 20 minutes of welding tomorrow night with the mig and I am ready when you are !  :D

Let me know when you are free chap  :t-up:

Lets get this right your going in the garage on Christmas eve to do some welding? Don't you want to get married  :laugh::p

Im off all next week so anytime then. :t-up:

Lets get this right your going in the garage on Christmas eve to do some welding? Don't you want to get married  :laugh::p

Im off all next week so anytime then. :t-up:

:laugh: will be in the day at some point m8 - we are off to santa express tomorrow afternoon/evening  :p

okies chap - how about the day after boxing day?

oh and who said anything about me wanting to get married  ;)  :laugh:

Tony - was only kidding m8  :D

a couple of videos for my future reference

Spyder at Gurston

random car

Hope you have all had a great Christmas day - a big thanks to all those that have helped (especially Tony and Dave) with the never ending 718 story so far - heres to more progress next year  :oops:  :t-up:

had my first ever go with a tig today - should have got one when I started  :oops:

much better than mig has to be said when you want neat flowing welds - slower and much more controlled - another half an hour and the rear framework will be finished

Thanks Dave for the lesson  :t-up: will try and get over in the next couple of days to finish up

Glad you guys are having fun.

I'm going to venture into the garage later today and tomorrow to see of I can finally get a good engine position on the single seater and then start making up the engine mounts.

In the mean time we're making a Voltic Pile for Isis' science project......

She's already asked if it'll produce enough electricity to make Max's hair stand on end................. ???

An interesting afternoon ahead I think  :suspect:

Chaz.

if ya need a hand Chaz let me know would be happy to help get that engine held whilst you measure/tack up framework etc

I must admit I had to ggogle voltic pile  :suspect:

second session on the tig tonight - all I need is a steady hand and I would be cooking gas  :D  :bangshead:

check out your motor in the background Tony - hope you are feeling a bit better fella - If I can do anything to help m8 please let me know

CIMG3217.jpg

if anyone mentions a 50 pence piece they are gonna get a slap  :laugh:

CIMG3220.jpg

CIMG3223.jpg

me lumpy welds now smoothed off - the straight runs are with the new mig - the shorter runs have been flatened off with the tig

SANY5468.jpg

SANY5461.jpg

bit of paint and all will be covered up  :oops:  :blush:

thanks again Dave for the use of your facilities and the guidance  :t-up:

:t-up: Looks good  :cool: Always seems a shame to cover up a nice weld.  :t-up:

I'm impressed mate, looking really good. BTW mind my car with all them sparks ;)  :laugh: