2000 duratec sport?

logie

I went throught the same thought process as you but just couldn't afford it.  I checked all the main selling sites daily and managed to find a factory built duratec with 3,000 miles with every extra available (costed to 28k) for 15k.  I havent even had it a week and am thinking about what to do to the engine next (none of them are 200 BHP out of the factory) so glad I didn't go the new route.

You will want more power.  There are a few demos on Auto trader that you can pick up for 20k if you are desperate for the latest car with just 500 miles, and they have a lot of the extras as well.

I am sure if you are patient you will find one.  Good luck

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• logie

• peterg

• stephenh

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

Friend bought a Duratech with aero screen, lightish  weight build, dry sump, long first gear type 9 box, RAC bar, emerald ecu, jenvey throttle bodies, etc, for under £10K, receipts from original builder for well over £20K.

He has kept the engine standard, but added wide track, toyo 888's and dropped floor. Still has lots of change from £20k let alone £28k

:D

He hasn't built it himself, but upgrade itis has set in and thats all being done by him!

And he got to drive it straight away instead of spending the money then waiting 2 years to drive it.

???

Buy a Caterham R400 for the same price - honestly it's in a different league to a Westfield - and i own a Westfield so I am not biased.