2000 duratec sport?

logie

I have been looking to bulid a new car for a while now. I was looking at the 200bhp module kit but with a few options it comes out around 28k!!!

28k   ???     :oops:     Sorry but that's getting into secondhand Ultima money    :cool:  

Thing is with the Budget there's always something that you forget to add

The 20 quid for this and the 30 quid for that soon start to add up     :oops:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• logie

• peterg

• stephenh

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

Are you sure your not looking at the price list wrong  ???

I woul have thought that £19k was a complete STANDARD kit including a Durtatec engine.

Have a look HERE a full kit with 2L Zetec is £14k (inc Engine) so stuggle to see why a Duratec would add £4500 over and above a Zetec.

Glen, I downloaded the various price lists etc this afternoon and the basic Sigma kit is £18,999 (factory built) then to upgrade to 150bhp Sigma is +£1k or to upgarde to the 2l Duratec is + £4.5k  :0

I nearly S*** myself when it came out at 28K too. Before i downloaded the price lists i was thinking 15k plus extras.

Its 21k new for a basic car kit form but then Cleggy bought his for 12k less than a year old. I think ill wait for a year old 1 then add any extaras i want

Fook me, as much I love Westfields don't think I could justify ever paying much more than £10k for one. :0

Definitely wouldn't build one from scratch if they cost that much. :suspect:

when i picked it up the chap that part built it had receipts for just under 20k ish - fairly standard machine however - but it is starting to become a bit more special with the recent addition of some CXR wheels in black and more upgrades to follow shortly  :devil:

I have been looking to bulid a new car for a while now. I was looking at the 200bhp module kit but with a few options it comes out around 28k!!!

28k   ???     :oops:     Sorry but that's getting into secondhand Ultima money    :cool:  

Thing is with the Budget there's always something that you forget to add

The 20 quid for this and the 30 quid for that soon start to add up     :oops:

I think you cant really compare the price of a new factory built Westfield with the price most of us would pay for a second hand one, particularly in the present rescessionary times. After all, you can buy a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow in reasonable nick for less than the price of a new Mini. Does that mean Rolls Royces are incredably cheap, or that Minis are incredably expensive? In truth, neither. It is just comparing chalk with cheese, it proves nothing.

The majority of the members of WSCC wouldn't dream of paying more than £10,000 for a Westie, which is fine, they know they are looking at second hand cars at that price. Equally, there are members who can and do pay twice that, and for that they are looking at new models.

You pays your money and you takes your choice Mr P.!!

Have you driven a westfield yet? I would strongly advise to try one first, as your whole idea about what you require may change..

I bought an SEIW 2.0 with aero extras, 1 year old with 250 miles done, everything is new except engine, and paid £8000 with a car boot full of spares including a set of brand new webbers. And although not a full on track day car, its still a real hoot to play with and you could save £££££££££££££  :t-up:  :t-up:

Glen, I downloaded the various price lists etc this afternoon and the basic Sigma kit is £18,999 (factory built) then to upgrade to 150bhp Sigma is +£1k or to upgarde to the 2l Duratec is + £4.5k  :0

:0 still found it hard to believe so download it myself - Prices have certainly gone up since I built mine with a similar spec sheet - but that was 5 years ago and I did get a very good deal at the Autosport show

I agree with a lot of the above comments, it's a lot of money when you could get a very tidy one for (I'd guess) half that amount!  

I've had a bunch of work done on my car since getting it (full cage, chassis repairs, sequential quaiffe box etc) but it still doesn't owe me anywhere near that much money  :oops:.

I wanted to build one from scratch and get a new reg(08). Have a seiw FW 2ltr 220bhp dry sump cosworth duratec (they sold off some dev engines in 2007) 2000S chassis bgh type 9 heavy duty long first, quaife abt diff all other bits similar specs and I recon with carefull sourcing it cost £22k. The fun for me was finding the bits and the build from scratch.

and £28k is 2nd hand Csr260 money  :oops:  :devil:  :devil:

press"s enter and quickly legs it  :D  :D  :D

I think you cant really compare the price of a new factory built Westfield with the price most of us would pay for a second hand one,

The majority of the members of WSCC wouldn't dream of paying more than £10,000 for a Westie, which is fine, they know they are looking at second hand cars at that price. Equally, there are members who can and do pay twice that, and for that they are looking at new models.

You pays your money and you takes your choice Mr P.!!

Seems a high premium to pay for the sake of having a New or Factory built car though    ???

Which folks will probably want to upgrade in the future   ???

(The money saved could pay for alot of upgrades and it WILL Depreciate anyway)

But like you said "you pays your money and takes your choice"

Westfield are alot of Fun and great value for 'smiles

per mile' and Enjoyment

But if i ever spent 28k on one Mrs Perksy would have my b*****ks on the Mantlepiece     :oops:      :down:

Westfield are alot of Fun and great value for 'smiles

per mile' and Enjoyment

But Mrs Perksy would have my b*****ks on the Mantlepiece     :oops:      :down:

NICE!! :laugh:  :laugh:  :devil:  :devil: