• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

MSA magazine

mark.anson

Get the purple throbber back out!!!!

You never know, but its has laid dormant this summer and would take a lot to make it competative again!! :p  :p  :D  :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• mark.anson

• RobC

• barney

Well I think the whole rule flys in the face of fair competition!

No one really knows how the CATs will affect performance but It still has the potential to disadvantage one competitor an not the other.

In class G for example, I have an old 1995 engine but a 2002 chassis, whereas Barney has a newer engine but older chassis, and is therefore exempt. I will have to fit a CAt and therefore add weight to the car! The whole things is b*****ks!!

Get the purple throbber back out!!!!

Come on Rich. Mark mentions testicles once and you're encouraging him to "act in a lewd manner" :p  :p  :p  :D  :D  :D

I will have to fit a CAt and therefore add weight to the car!

Mark .............. deep breaths and relax ............ now think laterally  ;)  ;) PM if you wish to  ;)  Are you 100% sure your chassis is 2002 ??? I thought it was older than Terry's  :)

The whole things is b*****ks!!

Yep for sure ........... but there's nowt anyone can do about it now  ;)  :down:

Well I think the whole rule flys in the face of fair competition!

No one really knows how the CATs will affect performance but It still has the potential to disadvantage one competitor an not the other.

In class G for example, I have an old 1995 engine but a 2002 chassis, whereas Barney has a newer engine but older chassis, and is therefore exempt. I will have to fit a CAt and therefore add weight to the car! The whole things is b*****ks!!

Re log book the car  :devil:

where is the chassis plate ???  The only plate i can find on the car doesnt have a date on it, just weight and chassis number.   Not that it matters as my car was registered on the road in March 1999 - ill be exempt, so im just curious.

The only plate i can find on the car doesnt have a date on it

I'm sure if you did have a chassis plate on your car it would be clear what year of manufacture  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :oops:  :D  ;)

Cue replays of the Only Fools and Horses sketch in front of the scrutes...

"I've had this car since 1998, course I've had to stick a couple of new bodies on it over the years. And it's had three new chassis'..."

:oops:

:D  :D  :D  :D

So does it apply to Sports libre cars ?

AND

If it does and Icant fit it before silencer box what are options?

Clearly (all joking aside) MSA aren't going to take it well if log books are sent back to say chassis is 1999 and not 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a whole new exhaust system on order from my local John Deer tractor depot - does anyone have a 15 inch hole cutter for the bonnet? :p

Clearly (all joking aside) MSA aren't going to take it well if log books are sent back to say chassis is 1999 and not 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good point well made Terry! I am sure they will be on the look out for this one!

• 3 weeks later...

I do not compete but reading this thread and talking to RobC it is clear that the MSA know diddly squat about CATS. We have a supplier through work who make cats and sports cats, which basically have bigger holes to breath through quicker.

A car with carbs will never run low enough emissions to make a Cat any use, in fact it will allow too much unburnt fuel through which will kill the CAT.

Further more on the cars which are designed to run cats initially, on a performance set up will the MSA set a level you must acheive or one which the engine supplier will advise?

It really beggars belief that this is happening and suggests that as in every walk of life green issues win even when they are wrong.

I no longer race, but this I do know , If you are looking for reasons to pack up you will always find them , If your looking for ways to keep on the track you'll always find them too.

Your choice really , rules always change for various reasons, it stimulates change and development , OK it costs , but thats part of racing.

I am just going to see how things pan out for next year... and see how the land lies in Feb/March... My main concern for now is getting my car running again...

By then there will be more options as to what I can do... fingers crossed ;)

I am just going to see how things pan out for next year... and see how the land lies in Feb/March... My main concern for now is getting my car running again...

By then there will be more options as to what I can do... fingers crossed

The cat requirement rule WILL NOT change, if you wait until Feb/March - it won't make a scrap of difference and by waiting may mean you will miss out on whatever championship you wish to enter  ;)  ;)  :)

I was meaning to see what I want to do, see what options are available with regards to cats etc... Paul Dunnel is developing one at the mo... but need to see what the options are.

In my case I have dunnel manifold and techcraft silencer which means I have very little room to add one in.. possibly waiting will mean there will be more options available

I know this isn't going to change... miss communication... ;)