• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

MSA magazine

mark.anson

be interetsing to see how much power a cat will absorb - in particular with things like Blades - as they ain't got that much to start with.. also may be an issue for temperatures... ?

I think the guys in the RGB are doing some tests on this shortly....

Mark.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• mark.anson

• RobC

• barney

Just how well do they think that a cat work on WOT in open loop. What a waste of time! Just to add it has no bearing on me as my cars is too old.

I'll need a new helmet and overalls for the 2010 season by the look of it due to changes in the regs, that's before changes to the car...

I thought it was 2009??

Been doing some digging around for Cat advice ... seems if I want to get a Cat onboard I need to replace the silencer aswell... Hmmmm...  ???

Me thinks i might just wait and see what happens over the next few months with my engine change over before RR and see if I have some money left to replace things.. otherwise... TD's for me next year...

Not that I would condone cheating in any form but what I can see happening is one of the following:

Let's just say this cat rule is a load of   :arse:  the MSA cannot even test for a genuine cat fitment       and I think quite a few cars will have "dummy cans" welded in that simply look like cats      

or

Chassis plates will be re-stamped to ensure all chassis are pre 2000  :blush:

My chassis is a 1989 and yet I could fit the latest spec engine without the need for a Cat  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

every point so far noted has already been raised with the MSA .............. unfortunately the use of Cats is perceived as environmentally beneficial ............. yep its codswallop ........... but that's the ruling ............. its here to stay  :down:  :down:  :down:

Think laterally  ;)  ;)  ;) I'm sure all you motorsport folks out there are used to interpretation of rules and regulations ........... this is just another one  ;)  ;)  :)

no use to me... however £110 is better news... 5" long...

I would have one if it worked or not...

Like you say Mark.. thinking out of the box...

Is there a date on the chassis plate then - i dont recall seeing one ??  ill be checking tonight, as i think mine is a 1999 chassis - so will that mean i need a cat or not ?

Is there a date on the chassis plate then - i dont recall seeing one ??  ill be checking tonight, as i think mine is a 1999 chassis - so will that mean i need a cat or not ?

1999 chassis means no cat :D

1999 chassis for a car built in 2008  ;)

I'll need a new helmet and overalls for the 2010 season by the look of it due to changes in the regs, that's before changes to the car...

I thought it was 2009??

I believe it's end of 2009...  ???

1999 chassis means no cat  

unless its a motorcycle engined car,where it will be compulsory... :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

now clarified with msa...see below

Ah - but you will make up for it with no road tax, insurance and MOT  :p

unless its a motorcycle engined car,where it will be compulsory... :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

never read that bit?

Oh the joys of a road going (no fuel break required) 1992 Westfield(no cat required) running a 16 valve 95KG 1600 engine  of 2003 erra :D  :D  :devil: