• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pilot Pete

• danmo

• evo-mark

• SIMON.G.

Busa went well again today. Brakes were shot at the end (pete will show you all :angry: ) temp gauge packed up and speed sensor came loose and ended up half the length it was!

disappoint with the duno/sr3 performance i must say! sticking with a westy may be the answer???

No Martin, you dont need anything quicker than a Busa for trackdays,  BE TOLD!  :D   A well driven Radical on a trackday would be like driving your Busa on a track full of Novas,   :devil:   not fun at all!   ;)  ;)

Pete the start of the vid is class

I like the attention to detail with the cars showing there true bhp :t-up:

BUT it doesn't matter how many times I click on the nova I can't get it to work :p  :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh: good stuff Pilot

Slipp, did you ever get that disc off cooper and have a go on "the program". It is the dogs nuts although takes ages to make a decent production. I made that start sequence before the trackday.

Good vid pete!

It looked like slow motion me trying to stop! went off there next lap then into sunny so thought best to call it a day :laugh: Pumping the pedel like mad made no difference but did lock the rears a coaple of time :D

Mark/Andrew, who knows what the future holds!! would never pass up an a reasonable radical but agree with what andrew say :durr:

what brakes are on your busa? cos I've got the ap 4-pots with braided hoses (ap discs and pads, but not sure on compound - however only really work properly when quite warm)

Also will post some pics up summerising my day, later on, lol! :p

Dan :D

Dan,

Westfield 4 pots/vented discs/willwood poly A pads on front, solid discs/mintex 1144 pads on back. Front pads are cooked :laugh:  :laugh: mintex 1166 going in front now!

was yours the yellow busa? if so what exhaust did you have on? it sounded very meshy when going past.

So here how my day went:

Saturday, go to see luke algar and get the car set up and some new seats fitted.

new-seats.jpg

Then on to croft, cars handling great, as got new rear diffuser too, but then ....  :bangshead:  the damn thing flies off

diffuser-front.jpg

diffuser-side.jpg

To add insult to injury (or more like injury to insult) It makes a nice slice in my tyre whist going (must have rotated), which almost threw me off round the fast left hander (sweeping left s bend thingy)  :laugh:

tyre-gash.jpg

luckily pilot pete, had some spare minilites with avons on, and lent them to me :D Thanks Pete  :cool:

different-wheels.jpg

Also the diffuser made some nice holes in my rear bumper where the rivets ripped out  :bangshead:

bumper-hole.jpg

oh well, stuff happens :p

EDIT - can manage to show the thumbs - not sure how long will last tho :p

no your meant to register to be able to use the photos - so i view'd source and got where they were - they worked last night - but they must have realised now ... doh.

Will try upload them somewhere else - tried putfile but it didn't work.

Pete, unless I am mistaken it looks like to me your still getting oil surge on the same corner :bangshead:

Tell me it's old footage  :0

Its still doing it but I've changed the oil and its no-where near as bad as previously. I had the oil light come on at Anglesey! :0  :suspect:

The worst I've seen it on the new oil is 30psi but no lower. Some of that especially at the hairpin is a drop in revs. I use 2nd at the hairpin which takes the revs down very low, baring in mind it ticks over at around 25psi hot. Really you should probably use 1st gear but its only a trackday and feel no need to go to that extreme.

Dan, thats weird, I could access those pics this morning but cant now. Try uploading them to photobucket, much easier.