Westfield 2000

plawson63

so shall i buy it then????

tis alot of money for a First Westy    :oops:

Would you not rather start with something a bit cheaper and see how it goes    ???

You might even decide it's not for you    ???  

BUT at the end of the day it's your money, So you have to do what you think is right    ;)

Good Luck with whatever you decide    :t-up:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plawson63

• James

• perksy

• stephenh

The advert notes it as an 1800 Westfield ????

is it a 2litre duratec or 1800 Zetec ?????

or is it late and have I had too much to drink  ???

tis a Duratech Mark

The Exhaust is on the Otherside on a Zetec     ;)

Good Bottle of Wine this Evening Mate    ???      :D

Yesh  :D

so shall i buy it then????

1)  Can you afford it?

2)  Do you want it...  Do you?!

If yes to both then buy it & enjoy!

It looks cracking and is a great spec, no need to upgrade for a while (though you will want to quite soon)

Go on...  Do it!!   :p

Dont get caught up by the age and millage of westfields...

These don't matter like they do when buying a 'normal' car...

there's a lot of cars out there with low miles...any age.

And dont rush into it... read some of the info here, decide what the car is gonna be used for and if it really meets your requirements.

Do not be taken in by the fact it's nearly new, low miles and has a more 'modern' engine. IMHO newer cars will deprieciate greater in the first couple years and there is no 'advantage' in having a new car....

Having said that, it does look a nice example, if its the price range you wanna pay, go for it...

I'll be blunt; Buy it  :D

Sedate the significant other for a few days though :-)

I cant help feeling that its a bit on the high side and as has been mentioned check if the rear arches are detachable (this is invaluable) :D you can always make an offer for the car and go from there and stoneleigh is coming up theres usaly a number of cars that are for sale so it may be worth poping along!

The other thing I would say is that I have heard a number of people say that there duratec's havent produced as much BHP as they are meant to if you spend this much hard earnt on a duratec car it would be gutting to find out its not as quick as you would expect from a 200BHP car IF it does only produce 170BHP a black top zetec car may be worth consideration as these will produce a reliable 175BHP out of the box and you can pick one up for more reasonable money.

Good luck with your choice :t-up:

I like the "Auntie" roll bar! That'll be the soft one instead of the very stiff factory inboard one. :D  :D  :D  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Meant to say that the estimated factory new build cost of £23,000 is about right for that spec., assuming it was built with a brand new engine and gearbox. If they were second hand and reconditioned then that would be a different figure altogether.

StephenH.

Never one to be contraversial, I thought I'd add my tuppence worth...

If I were buying a Westfield for this summer I wouldn't be spending 16k FULL STOP.

I don't mean to annoy those people trying to sell nice new motors at that price (and I'm not putting that particular car down), but you get just as much of a grin factor for a LOT less money. It's all in the build quality and how well the car has been looked after.

You also get the benefit of all the expensive upgrades at not so silly prices.

For example on Pistonheads there's a : -

- 2003 MegaBusa @ £12,500

- 2008 2l Zetec @ £11,995

- 2006 Megablade @ £10,999

- 2002 Megabusa @ £10,750

Private sales are nearly always open to negotiation. You could try haggling a little too!

The main problem with new Std factory Duratecs is that they take a good few 1000 miles to loosen up properly.  There is a lot of extra bhp available with Duratec tuning, it really depends what you want to do in the longer run.

Also although the Webcon Alpha management system is a great quality system out of the box, it responds to better setting-up (on a RR) in a seven, and the breathing to the front cylinder under a std bonnet needs sorting (ie a big cut-out or a duct).

Also although the Webcon Alpha management system is a great quality system out of the box,

Mmmmm you are kidding right ???

The Alpha system is far from a great qulaity system as you cant change anything yourself this means the car has to go to a webcon R&R to get anything changed! of which there are few and far between.

I wouldent argue that there is good power to be had from a Duratec but the chances are that you wont see that power from a standard fitted unit and I would sugest that to have to pay this sort of money for this car to then have to shell out more to get the power that you would expect is taking the P**s just a little.

Of course you could ask for a copy of the graph which will prove the BHP figure this then could be used as a bargining tool when the seller cant prove the BHP figure.