Westfield 2000

plawson63

wow now im struggling to make a decision!

Go to stonleigh next weekend if you can make it, have a look around at the owners cars and ask some questions you will start to gain an apreciation for what you want and what you can get for your money, the car will still be there especially at that price!

You can get ALOT of car for the money you are thinking of spending including CEC, BEC and V8's.

Speed is relative and if your not used to a Westi trust me a 1600 sigma engine will feel awsome!!

Take your time and decide what you want from the experiance and the car .

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plawson63

• James

• perksy

• stephenh

Stoneligh is at the national agricultral showground near coventry the show its self is over the Sunday and and bank holiday Monday, you will probaley not find a better concentration of Westis  any where else, so your timing couldent be better :D

I will be there along with a number of others from our area (not sure which day though depends on weather)and I am sure that if you ask around you will get some rides in various cars  this should give you an idea as to which direction you want to go.

edited to saay the big diffrence you will see between your VX and a westi is acceleration and handling, they will put a smile on your face!! :D  :cool:

Bear in mind though that power is not the end of the story a cars handling is as important and so is weight and in the imortal words of Colin Chapman "Add lightness!"

Mmmmm you are kidding right ???

Have you evidence to the contrary???

Like I said ONLY Webcon aproved R&R's can get into the software which means YOU nor ANYONE else without the software can map the ECU this is a major drawback! :bangshead:  :bangshead:

If you dont belive me do a search this subject has been well covered in the past, the management systems that are easier to work on our Emerald, MBE and Omex depending on your personel prefrence.

Like I said ONLY Webcon aproved R&R's can get into the software which means YOU nor ANYONE else without the software can map the ECU this is a major drawback! :bangshead:  :bangshead:

If you dont belive me do a search this subject has been well covered in the past, the management systems that are easier to work on our Emerald, MBE and Omex depending on your personel prefrence.

But this isn't a quality issue, out of the box.

I am fully aware only Webcon dealers/ RR"s have the software, that does not affect it's quality or it's function for a new buyer. ???

At the time I purchased ONLY Webcon had the software not even their dealers, it did not affect the quality of the product nor the companies service to me.

You are comparing apples with pears.

Just that sometimes pears can be sweeter and make nicer cider  :D  :D  :D  ;)

ive been on the westfield site,and looking at what he paid for the kit,its over 20k if my maths are correct,so if its built well,im getting it cheap????im asking on monday if the engine and gearbox are new. According to the guy who built it,the sva only took 2 and half hours,and the car was in the westfield showroom in derby because they offered to sell it for him once he decided to build a gt40 replica instead!

I am fully aware only Webcon dealers/ RR"s have the software, that does not affect it's quality or it's function for a new buyer. ???

At the time I purchased ONLY Webcon had the software not even their dealers, it did not affect the quality of the product nor the companies service to me.

He's been quoted before, so I'll quote him (Colin Chapman) again:

"The suspension is not adjustable 'cos you'll only adjust it wrong" (or words to that effect).  For many people a Webcon working straight out of the box is a wonderful thing.  :)  :)  :)

Rory's Dad

Lets get one thing stright NO ECU will work perfectly out of the box there are simply to many veraibles to take into account such as the inlet manifold the flow of the head and of course the primary lengths and diameters all have there part to play therefore all ECU's will need to be maped to get the best from the system.

If you cant do this yourself by means of a wide band or take it along to your local R&R  which you may know and trust this is a MAJOR down fall in the design of the system.

Will it do its job? Yes will it give the best results  ???

You also have to bear in mind that modern mangament systems have a host of options such as rev limiter, shift light, switchable maps etc all of which you need to be able to get into the system to change at will (theres little point being able to set a rev limit without being able to set it where you want!) and this comes down to how well designed the system is IMO the webcon system is seriously limited and therefore not of the best quality design other systems have more features and are more user freindly.

If you are happy with your Webcon system fantastic I wouldent like to think that you have paid out £500+ on something you are not happy with.

But some people expect more from a system which the Alpha unit finds it impossible to offer.

ive been on the westfield site,and looking at what he paid for the kit,its over 20k if my maths are correct,so if its built well,im getting it cheap????im asking on monday if the engine and gearbox are new. According to the guy who built it,the sva only took 2 and half hours,and the car was in the westfield showroom in derby because they offered to sell it for him once he decided to build a gt40 replica instead!

Whilst wandering around Piston heads I found this O.K not the best colour but cheaper.Click

And this is brand new!Click

This is a BARGAIN! running on T.B's will give you around 30MPG and will be in the region of 175BHP and with the money your saving visit the Raceline site and get 220BHP+ with a couple of shiny bits :cool:

mmmm not convinced,i think mine looks a hell of alot better,performance might be less but not too bothered!cant get insured on a v8 :(

Come to Stoneleigh and have a good look at all the Westy's there  (There will be a few    :D    )

Try a few for size and have a chat with the owners

You might even find a nice one with a For sale sign on it

OR

Go and see the Westy advertised and have a good look at it

It is priced more than a Private buy cos the Dealer will have His mark-up

Check all the paperwork, receipts for parts etc, a good owner/builder will have kept most/all of the paperwork

Check the build quality, check fit of panels etc etc