• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Teeside trackday 21st April 08

petrolhead

Pete the more I think about your car I think something has come loose jammed and locked up, I would be tempted to drop the sump/remove cam covers and see if anything becomes obvious ???

If it had  lost oil pressure It would have been knocking like a bag of hammers and top end would have been rattling im sure you would have had warning before it nipped up,

when the pump packed in on that vx I had  :mad:   it knocked and rattled (really loud  :0  :0  ) for about a mile, even then it never nipped, plus yours is so tight even rocking the car in gear wont make it move , something is jammed solid  ???  ???  ???  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

Yes, like I say, had cam covers off, look fine, so pointing towards the crank or like you say something's got jammed in it. If it was a piston, like the old man sais, you'd probably get a little play on the crank, but its absolutly jammed solid!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pilot Pete

• petrolhead

• scott_prelit now westfield_bumble

• Andrew

Sorry to hear you had problems Jnr hope it's not to serious :(

Tis possibly not as serious as 1st thought, or not in the wallet department anyway :laugh: , all will be revealed when we take the sump off possibly.

What a great day! (after i fixed my electrical problem)

Glad you enjoyed it Fraser, with today's weather it must have been perfect! thanks for taking my place... Obviously I'd have rather been there but this time it wasn't to be.

James

Thanks for your place. Plenty more track days though....

See you on one soon

Yes a great day, thanks to Peter for organising it.

Here are a few photos.

Andrew

12861.jpeg

12862.jpeg

12863.jpeg

12860.jpeg

Yes a great day, thanks to Peter for organising it.

Here are a few photos.

Andrew

Oh yes, big thankyou for a lend of the wheel, will return it shortly. :t-up:

Also thanks for JeffC driving the bland mobile back. :laugh:

12862.jpeg

that'll be me then, and my mate Ian in pass. seat.

had a great day and im glad to say the car was fine. kept an eye on a minor oil leak, found i need to replace teh expansion tank cap too, that was trying to pass water after returning to the paddock a bit warm...

but other than that a great day, no major drama's

thanks to Peter for arranging it, i did look for you at 5pm to say thanks and bye but i coudlnt see your beemer anymore.

Thanks to cap for the ride ,god that goes well for a pinto

mind you a canny driver in the seat helps :cool:

and sorry to Pete for driving off with the wheel you needed to get home  :blush:  :laugh:

BTW i now know bishop is north of Teesside the Whitby signs were a clue i was heading in the wrong direction  :bangshead:  :D

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves.  Although car less I also had fun as it gave me more time to talk to people.

Hope your engine has nothing too wrong with it Pete.

Here are my photos (http://www.ne7ers.org.uk/pics....pril_08) which were taken after lunch, sorry I did not get everyone but I feel sure either Ian Hardy or Geoff Hubbert will have.  I wil post links to their photos once I have them

whats this all about then

RY0W8542.jpg

whats this all about then

RY0W8542.jpg

Braked into the chicane, then went for the accelerator peddle, and it wasn't there!  :laugh:  Was feeling around the footwell for it with my right foot, and it definitely was not where it should be.  ???  ???  ....10mm nut detached it's self from the throttle cable fixing at the Carbs.  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Cracking photos there Mr E, where's yours Scott?  :t-up:

Will sort your efforts out soon. Need to put software on laptop first oh and get a firewire cable to sort the video.