• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Possible Harness Bulkbuy

Darrell O'Neill

Definitely interested in this as I'll be needing a set soon. Was thinking of 3" 4 point, but interested in peoples opinions on their suitability for road use.

Seen

1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">these on ebay and they look pretty good. Someone mentioned before that they sell through Halfords and this was the cheapest way of getting them in the UK...  I found the Luke website to be a bit pants though, so not sure of whats available...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darrell O'Neill

• green-light-on

• pete g

• scruffythefirst

Chasmon,

Im awaiting to hear from LUKE on prices, but the ones in your link are the 2" shoulder and lap straps.

Have to say, again, that having seen the schroth harnesses IMHO they look in a league or their own on a quality issue,

Im leaning towards focusing this bulkbuy on their products..

I'm definitely interested in buying two 6-point harnesses with nice'n'wide 3" should straps.

If the quality is as good as you say it is, then count me!

PS: Quick question... Where do crotch straps bolt to? I've always presumed to the same points as the lap straps?

Likely to be interested in a bulk buy of Sabelt or Schroth with alloy adjusters.

Have not decided yet if I should go for shoulder straps that clip in (like the Westfield) or bolt down (like the Caterham).

Potentially interested in 2-off 4-point with 3" shoulders and 2" lap, aero-buckle, pull-up adjusters, preferably with screw-down top mounts (rateher than clip-on). Seen the Schroth ones before and they would be my first choice, all things being equal.

I am interested in a set of 2 4 point harnesses, 3" shoulder, 2" waist with aero buckles. I think Sabelt or Schroth are probably the best but I would probably want them to be cheaper than £180 to be economic. I keep looking at these but get put off by the price...

172QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">ebay link to Luke 4 point harnesses

Cheers

Phil

Have to say, again, that having seen the schroth harnesses IMHO they look in a league or their own on a quality issue,

Im leaning towards focusing this bulkbuy on their products..

Yep,been looking recently at whats available to replace my soon to be out of date TRS 5 points and schroth come top of my list too.

Pair of 6 points for me please :t-up:

Graham

Ok then, it looks like Schroth win... I'll focus on these if everyone is happy.  :)

For now lets say the prices are as follows and lets have a list of names that are definite maybe's at those prices. I can then go back to the company and beat out a discount and particulars..

x 10 = £122.00

x 15 = £115.00

x 20 = £109.00

x 25 = £101.00

+ P&P (to be confirmed)

I'll start off, please add (along with any special requirements which I'll enquire about)

Darrell O'Neill. 2 x 4point in Black

1 x single point crutch strap, Black

Are the Schroth belts adjustable when sitting in the seat? i.e. is the adjustment accessible from the buckle end?

My current belts are impossible to adjust the lap without getting out of the car and squeezing a hand down the side of the seat to release the adjuster. It takes about 10 mins to adjust the belt for a new passenger (or me wearing a thicker coat than last blat) with many "get in and out" of the car to adjust the belts to the right length. This is the only reason I am considering changing the belts.

Thanks

David

Are the Schroth belts adjustable when sitting in the seat? i.e. is the adjustment accessible from the buckle end?

david, I believe they are, Ive been told so anyway..

if you look at the pic the adjusters are near to the buckle and are adjusted in an upward movement...

Likely to be interested in a bulk buy of Sabelt or Schroth with alloy adjusters.

Have not decided yet if I should go for shoulder straps that clip in (like the Westfield) or bolt down (like the Caterham).

Just a question, but why would you want bolt in type?

Surely the clip in type would make removal for maintence, cleaning etc far more easy?

Maybe just me, but I think the clip is ones would be far better knowing the times I unclip mine now to muck about with stuff..  ???

The Schroth harness I have have 3" sholder and 2" lap and crotch. Schroth harnesses seem to be a little more supple than some of the others.

quote=DavidR, Jan. 30 2008,19:42    Are the Schroth belts adjustable when sitting in the seat? i.e. is the adjustment accessible from the buckle end?

david, I believe they are, I've been told so anyway..

if you look at the pic the adjusters are near to the buckle and are adjusted in an upward movement...

Thanks Darrell.

Am interested in 2 x 4 point harness in Red (1 left, 1 right)

david

Ok then, it looks like Schroth win... I'll focus on these if everyone is happy.  :)

For now lets say the prices are as follows and lets have a list of names that are definite maybe's at those prices. I can then go back to the company and beat out a discount and particulars..

x 10 = £122.00

x 15 = £115.00

x 20 = £109.00

x 25 = £101.00

+ P&P (to be confirmed)

I'll start off, please add (along with any special requirements which I'll enquire about)

Darrell O'Neill. 2 x 4point in Black

1 x single point crutch strap, Black

me too please in black, same as you :t-up: