WSCC Trackday

Mark Stanton

Hi Mark,

Just looking for some advice please.

I've booked myself into the expert class as obviously I'm Mr Senna reincarnated........ but.. I quite fancy letting my partner Debs loose on track in the novice class. She's driven the car on the road but has absolutely no track experience..... other than being a passenger a few times.

Question is..... how novice is novice?? She's dying to have a go but would hate to think she was holding people up and getting in the way etc. Is it safe to assume that she could run in the novice/beginner group and feel at ease learning about the car??

:t-up:  :t-up:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• custardtart

• Asterix

• Mikey91

Uh oh I'm in the Novice Group I think!  :blush:  :down:

Does that mean she'll come past me on track ???:D

Better start getting some excuses together  :laugh:

Uh oh I'm in the Novice Group I think!  :blush:  :down:

Does that mean she'll come past me on track ???:D

Better start getting some excuses together  :laugh:

:( Me too better start swotting up on apexes etc only done Mallory once and that was 10 years or so ago in a ff, still look on the bright side we might be able to pass someone!!!!

Mike

Cheque in the post.

I've never been on a track either so i expect I'm going to be passed a few times, But i don't care :D  :D I'm going to have a laugh :laugh:  :laugh:

Cheque in the post.

I've never been on a track either so i expect I'm going to be passed a few times, But i don't care :D  :D I'm going to have a laugh :laugh:  :laugh:

That is exactly the point - to enjoy it!  :t-up:

I just hope that the few people I "took out" at the karting aren't hoping to seek revenge  :laugh:  :D

Mr Stanton, Sir, will we get confirmation at all that our place is confirmed or a list on here of confirmed entries and group they are in please?

Cheers

Eddie

Nope, no-one will receive any information or further details  :)  :)  :)  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

Groups will be settled by an arm wrestling competition in the paddock at 5.30am  :p  :p  :p  :p  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Cheque posted to include Debs in the novice group.................. she has a very strong right arm so no probs with the arm wrestling....  :laugh:  :p  ;)  :devil:

Nope, no-one will receive any information or further details  :)  :)  :)  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

Without wishing to get all Slippy 'Stressed Eric' Maude on you, the only way we'll know if we are confirmed is if the cheque gets cashed then?

BTW, did you spot the white lie on my form?

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone, see you there  :t-up:

• 2 weeks later...

Paperwork arrived this morning.

Despite my agricultural performance at Pembrey last month, I am in group B.  At least that means I will be the one being lapped, so I won't have to worry about coming up on slower traffic :D  :D

The older I get, the faster I used to be.

In many years of running WSCC trackday at Mallory Park - there has never been a car stopped for noise  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  one of main reasons Mallory is used is that it is a very accomodating circuit without many nimby locals  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)

;)  :p  :D  :t-up:

In many years of running WSCC trackday at Mallory Park - there has never been a car stopped for noise  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  one of main reasons Mallory is used is that it is a very accomodating circuit without many nimby locals  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)

;)  :p  :D  :t-up:

ta  :t-up: , I knew someone would have more patience than me. :D

Paperwork arrived this morning.

Despite my agricultural performance at Pembrey last month, I am in group B.  At least that means I will be the one being lapped, so I won't have to worry about coming up on slower traffic :D  :D

The older I get, the faster I used to be.

Got mine also , Group A for me :D

A WSCC Value for Money Track day - IF all sessions run to plan you could have the chance of approx 100 miles worth of track time - so bring plenty of jerry cans  ;)  ;) there is a nearby garage for a lunchtime fuel oick-up otherwise its Mallory pumps if you run out.

Heh, I can remember doing this event fouror maybe five years ago, the cheeky sods were charging £1 a litre for super unleaded, we were outraged and went to the local BP.

How times change :)