• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• custardtart

• Asterix

• Mikey91

Entry form and cheque will be posted tomorrow.

I've booked into the Badgers Mount hotel (app 3 miles from the circuit) on the Thursday and Friday nights. Looks quite pleasant and has a bar and an outdoor heated pool.

Prices are reasonable at less than £60 a night for a double so if anyone else is staying over then maybe it's worth a look.

You can't get the master room with the king size bed and the jacuzzi though..... I already blagged it!  :t-up:

Hey Eddie, you never know...... in mid August it could be 35 degrees. I'm sure it would be nice to return from a hard days driving and sit by the pool with a beer and the sun on your back.

Although it'll probably be p*****g it down and 10 degrees...  :p

:cool: Unfortunately my wife turned down the Outdoor Pool idea so looked herself and found this: http://www.staplefordpark.com/

But at £560 per night for their family room!!!  :laugh:  :bangshead:

So we're having a fight at the moment!  :devil:

:( who is winning , blimey for that sort of money you could do 2 decent track days !!!

I think its great that the club do this I really do , I believe that it introduces a lot of members to track action by putting the feelers out , and that is great ...but .

If I do a trackday with Eatsalot we generally do 40min/hour on track on open pit lane days allowing for fuel, oil , brake checks (and the buzz chat at the stuff that we passed / got in the way  :devil: ) and at mallory thats £165.00 . for us to do the club day would cost £194.00 and be regimented by session time ( 30m /hour ? )

I do believe that if cost is an issue, do it , but I like the freedom of driving when you want .

[cheese mode on]

I think all club members should have a sticker on their windscreen / aeroscreen that displays their boardroom handle  :t-up:

I always introduce myself to members when I recognise them , stu999 is easily recogniseable with his shiny bonnet   :D ,  Jeff cooper has a fairly distinct helmet , and PB2's is purple  :D , and PB & PB2 are obviously related , and everyone would recognise Rick Astley (sorry, MarkB  :D( not that his pride and joy would see track action  :devil: ) )

But it would be good to say hello to a name you recognise

[cheese mode off]

Owdo,

should have all the panels on by then and it up and running, will be fun as just down the road in Tamworth.

Mikeyd, Rob Iles maybe even Mooncloud?

Boney

I think all club members should have a sticker on their windscreen / aeroscreen that displays their boardroom handle  :t-up:

That's a good idea actually.....  :t-up:

Although I'm easy to spot as the pic on the left is to scale ......  :p  :D

Although I'm easy to spot as the pic on the left is to scale ......    

Do you use a dustbin for a crash hat?  :D