• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Ards test

neo

Really looking into this but am a bit concerned about medical:

How do they check strength in legs etc?

Just a bit worries as had bike smash (see avator) and strength is a bit of a weak point (excuse the punn!)

Is it just a case of lunges or something? Or do you have to jump, run etc cause then I would be out :(

Cheers in advance for help.

Eddie  :t-up:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Mark Stanton

• conibear

• neo

My surgery now telling me that they won't fill the form in for me in an appointment at all, and that I have to leave it with them along with £20 pounds and wait ten days to pick it up signed!

But how can they do it without me being there ? :bangshead:  :down:

Darren, you can tell that I might not make it on Thursday at this rate.

GuyH My GP charged me £40 but they need you to be there as its blood pressure and urine test, eye test and breathing stuff like that, pulse etc, need all the stats on then they sign and date it... cant understand why they wont do it, i rang mine up booked an oppointment and went it, 20mins later form done while i was there....... -  £40 LOL

Eddie I wouldnt worry too much on the strenth from mine laid me on the examination bench grabbed my foot and asked me to push from fully bent to sraight while he resisted i pushed him back a piece of cake, and the same for the arms he tried to stop me pushing my arm out but he was week as p***, movement wise they just like to see good all round joint movement, if your a car driver and can walk you will pass it......

Hope this helps guys.

My surgery now telling me that they won't fill the form in for me in an appointment at all, and that I have to leave it with them along with £20 pounds and wait ten days to pick it up signed!

But how can they do it without me being there ?

That's not right  :down:  :down:  :down: the idea of a doctors medical is that he checks you out to ensure you're fit enough to drive - not merely check your records and sign you off  :down:  ???  ???

All done. Got the medical done in ten minutes by a private doctor near Mallory. Think my GP is just too confused.

So can confirm that Darren B and myself are now ARDS enabled.

Tempting fate I know...but if anyones in the Lydden area on 14/15th Jul 07 you're support will be welcome at my first race event.

Article for WW to follow about my journey from Sprint to race.

• 4 months later...

JEFF C  your turn mate LOL

yep think your right.  decided to go for it and get into a race series for next year :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

am I right in thinking step one is to contact Croft circuit and book and hopefully pass the Ards test then wait till December/January then apply for Msa race licence and get medical then  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect: Ive got my msa renewal through this morn for non race nat b ,  If I decide to do the odd sprint will the race licence cover that type of event also  :suspect:  :durr:

If I decide to do the odd sprint will the race licence cover that type of event also

Back page of the "MSA Competition Licence Notes" document (which came with your renewal) has the exact list of minimum acceptable licence grades needed for various meetings...  :t-up:  but if you mean a WSCC round or similar, then yes it's OK  ;)  :p

Jeff, you can apply for your race licence immediately, book your arks and doctor stuff in between once you have the MSA form. If you ring Colnbrook they will send it out immediately, I think you can order the pack on line as well. Unfortunately, you have to pay for the pack as the application form is in there.

Once you got the race licence, you be able to sprint anywhere on nat race B I'd of thought

Well decision made Ive paid for and ordered my new driver starter pack today from the Msa arrives on friday   :t-up:

Also spoke to Croft circuit and they explained step 2 which is watching the dvd a dozen times then booking the ards test with them  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

What championship you looking at entering ?????

What championship you looking at entering ?????

Havent a clue  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

will get sorted and see whats available, open to suggestions though  :suspect:  would ideally like to do something in the westy but if struggling will maybe part with it and get something else  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

Good luck Jeff :t-up:

Know yer flags and have a common head on that day, your be fine ;)  :t-up:

North East Saloons Car Champ looks a good bet for your car, a few of us southern aresholes may do an event next year :p b****y long way though :down:

Good luck Jeff :t-up:

Know yer flags and have a common head on that day, your be fine ;)  :t-up:

North East Saloons Car Champ looks a good bet for your car, a few of us southern aresholes may do an event next year :p b****y long way though :down:

Ive been looking at northern saloons this looks favouite at the mo, if they do Croft/oulton/knockhill and cadwell that would be my dea of heaven  :love:  :love: