• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Discount on hold for club members

Mark Williamson

I spoke to the Westfield parts department this morning, with a view to placing an order.

The parts deparment have been told by the management not to offer any discount to club members until further notice? :t-up:

They did not know why or when it would be reinstated? :down:  :down:  :down:

Can anyone throw any light on this? Mark Stanton? Julian Turner? ???

Cheers

Mark

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scott beeland

• jak

• Norman Verona

• rgs_laverda

I got the same when I tried to order some f/glass seats recently. They wanted nearly £400 for them and would not budge on price. Bought a pair from MK for £220. Excellent qulaity and not all impressed with the new factory attitude.

this is something we could do with sorting. Good relationship has existed with parts dept and others at factory. They have often wanted to borrow members cars for shows.

maybe something for "Committee" to look at

Seems strange that in one breath they are offering a discount and in the next its taken away, i was at the factory yesterday and purchased a lowline sump for my Zetec i asked about discount only to be told the same as Mark. :(

I am certain there will be a heathy margin in these type of items.

It's the normal motor manufacturer response to "captive" parts. They feel they have a captive customer base buying parts that are unique to the supplier.

They may well be, but most parts can be sourced elsewhere.

Caterham are the same, wont even give insurance companies discounts. (They do run special offers though)

In the 1960's you couldn't get discount from the VW network. This was a "closed shop" between the dealers.

As I'm from the motor trade I can't really critisize. However maybe a 10-15% discount on parts to club members would be enough to stop you looking for alternatives.

25% margin is better than nothing.

I had the same responce recently when we placed an order for a new carpet set, head lights and steering rack alloy mounts, all in all a £350.00 order (and the bl**** lights turned up damaged on three ocassions :angry: ) I can understand them not wanting to give discounts to Insurance company's as IMO they dont deserve a damn thing!, BUT when it comes to customers were not stupid we know we can order many of the parts they stock from other sources and often cheaper.

I would order more basic parts from westfield IF there prices were realistic to the market value, therefore I feel that they need to lower there prices on some of the consumables or give discount to WSCC members because loyalty works both way's

:angry:  i was at the factory on thursday, same response, no discount at all.

not happy about spending £325 when I expected it to be about £290

they didn't seem to know if it would be re-instated.

not good at all......

James, Of course insurance companies should get discounts. They're probably the biggest purchaser of parts and it's our premiums they're spending.

A 20% discount to your insurer could reduce your premuim by 5-10%

A certain tuning company I was at today said they don't get discount any more either and spend thousands with them, a lot of unhappy people out there.

Even Demon T.......s give a 10% discount!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bangshead:  :bangshead:

I thought I'd read somewhere that the factory were reducing many prices, for more off the shelf parts, to make them more competetive with other sources  ???

People still like abit of discount to sweeten the deal tho :)

Dave, they may be cheaper but with a visible discount people will think they're paying list.

When I ran the largest Nissan parts dealer outside Nissans own I would only give half the discount on the invoice (to the trade) and then send a cheque with a full statement for the balance at the end of month.

It's just enough to have the cheapest price you've got tell them, and tell them and tell them again.

Can some one please explain why Westfield should give a discount on their parts?

This is just a company trying to capitalize on their investment.

Can any one be surprised at this turn of events.

If this is unsuccessfull, what next? A price increase.

Its on the cards.

Regards. (looking at the tea leaves)

Strange this - I seem to remember being at our area meeting when Julian said that they wanted to reduce the price of parts/upgrades, etc. I await to see the reason for this, hope it's not a foretaste of what I feared would happen.  :down:  :suspect:  ???

John