• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jago

• Lloyd the ant

• Astraoid

• Darrell O'Neill

The guy that convinced me to go Westfield also lives in Plymouth (also still building his) so there's at least 4 of us now.

As far as meets are concerned - somewhere classy such as the Marsh Mills Beefeater?

Also for those of us who use the M5 regularly

In case you didn't know…

Additional info - the speed restriction is 50mph

The new yellow cameras being installed between J29 and J31 on the M5 are not traffic cameras but are SPEC average speed cameras. The first (and subsequent) cameras read your number plate and if you arrive at the next camera too quickly it is £60 and 3 points. They do not use film, and you will not see a flash. Prosecutions are electronically produced.

There are 4 sets of cameras currently installed in each direction.  Although SPECs are used elsewhere in the country these I believe are the first set to be installed in this region and are likely to catch a lot of drivers.

I do not know when they will be switched on (they might be already although there are no warning signs up yet but although warning signs are in the Home Office guidelines their absence will not constitute a defence).

The cameras are installed between M5 J29 Exeter (Honiton Road) and M5 J31 (A30 Interchange).

This is sounding good. At least 4 of us. I'm easy to meet anywhere, but not good at organising. Will leave that to you guys :t-up:

:arse: I'll either be at autosport or fitting the bits I bought at autosport the previous day...  :arse:

Have fun anyway...