Le-Mans 2007

Buzz Billsberry

Yep also replied same day did you get it? I've sent it again

Buzz

Hrm, nope...  try nicrutherford @ hotmail . com...

Wonder why my pm's aren't working...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buzz Billsberry

• Muttleys V8

• LordB

• V 8

ALL DEPOSITS DUE BY THIS WEDS ALL OUTSTANDING PEOPLE HAVE BEEN EMAILED THIS EVENING

BUZZ

I hope you've all paid your dues as the book is now closed!

Buzz

• 3 weeks later...
76th Le Mans 24hr race starts --: 115 days, 0 hours, 19 minutes

Le Mans 07 (The Helmut Tour) the official countdown!!!! :cool:

"you need a hobby boooy!"

All

Rob Tyas, (the man with a new Busa Westfield) is not taking his new beloved toy to Le Mans due to the fact that he thinks it may stress the engine a little, plus driving all that way at 10,000 rpm may put a little stress on his ickle ears!

Anyway, Rob has kindly volunteered to drive the support vehicle, the dilemma that we have is that we need a vehicle to drive!, the options we have are as follows;

1,         Rent a Transit Van and Trailer, between all of us this could be quite expensive, a Van alone is going to cost over £500 and we have to add the ferry crossing as well!

2,         Do we need a trailer, I know over the last 2 trips, my car has not managed to get back, but I feel confidant that the new one will get me their and back without the need for a lift home.

3,         Does anyone know someone who has a van that we can borrow for the duration and give them a hearty pat on the back and some beer money for the effort?

If anyone has any more ideas, please let us all know!

Answers on a postcard please………..

Regards,

Steve.

Steve Maund

• 3 weeks later...

G’day chaps

As you may be aware and this is only an option , We will be stopping over at the Formule 1 Hotel in Amiens on the way down from Zebrugge on Tuesday 12th June, this will then leave us a very steady 90mile thrash through some great French countryside. We will also be stopping at the same place on the return journey Monday 18th June.

These are ONLY OPTIONS. You can do what you like either drive all the way down to the Chateau or you can either pick you own hotels else where (this applies both ways) its entirely upto YOU. It would be nice if we could all stop in the same place. Then we can have a meal/beers on the night and have a good run down to the Chateau in the morning and get there for around mid-day 1pmish pitch tents then have an afternoon bender to get is in the mood for the night time season!!!

Details of hotel below http://www.hotelformule1.com/formule....l.shtml

The dates are as follows

Tuesday 12th June

Monday 18th June

This email will be posted on the boardroom

Buzz

Not had an email from Mike Dixon yet about the camping...  Anyone got his email address?

Don't worry zorso things are moving and once its  finalised you will be contacted by either me or Mike Dixon

Buzz

Not had an email from Mike Dixon yet about the camping...  Anyone got his email address?

Don't worry zorso things are moving and once its  finalised you will be contacted by either me or Mike Dixon

Buzz

Ah cool, just checking!

ta

Nic.

Buzz,

I had a chat wiv a bloke who thinks he can make us some of those LM elluminescent car numbers to stick on (the ones that glow in the dark) :p  :cool:

Are we interested.....it didnt sound like he wanted big money.  Let me know and I'll get a quote.  How many would we need??

Rich

Found this on PH.  Glad were taking the senic route!

This urban myth seems entrenched in the english psyche these days, so please accept that this old story is just that - a myth. For starters, the ticket doesn't show the time, and anyway many of the exit toll booths are now card only with no one present. To go further I have the automatic toll booth electronic gizmo in the windscreen which debits my card each month so I never stop to get a ticket anyway. You'll see lanes reserved for us with a big orange t over them and a height retriction barrier, always on the left of the toll booths.

The history of this myth lies in the fact that at the end of some stretches of motorway in France there is a toll booth and a cop shop and people think they have been timed from entry to exit of the motorway. Well, they have been timed, but by a radar trap very carefully positioned behind a bridge support or on a bridge about a mile or so short of the toll booths and they radio your registration number ahead to the waiting plod.

Don't think though that this gives you carte blanche to roar down the motorway because yesterday I had a pint or two with several boys in blue and they were telling me just how many extra police are being drafted in from all over France for the 24 hour race this year, including a few radar teams who will be strategically postioned on the N138 and the A28 north of Le Mans. If it was me wanting to have fun I'd spend some time map reading and take the back road stopping for a beer in the small villages. Even the D roads will have radar traps on so look for country roads to have fun on.

Oh, and a useful tip. If you want to speed in France wait until July/August when everyone is on holiday and so they send a load of reinforcements to the sea side leaving the centre of France undermanned by boys in blue. Much less risk of radar traps then.

A10ARF

296 posts

32 months [report] 12:01

Buzz,

I had a chat wiv a bloke who thinks he can make us some of those LM elluminescent car numbers to stick on (the ones that glow in the dark) :p  :cool:

Are we interested.....it didnt sound like he wanted big money.  Let me know and I'll get a quote.  How many would we need??

Rich

Once we have the final designs together I'll email them to you get him to quote. I 've found a guy in Leeds who does my race car graphics/sign writing and he's really cheap

Regards

Buzz