• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nikpro

• Matt Seabrook

• Al Yupright

• Blatman

Dave,

How many minutes of toe out are you using?

I've got 20 minutes toe out.

Paul (Play's Kool) set mine up, I think I spotted the standard (?) settings he used in his post on another thread.

Right; here goes for a dense question -

I set my car up using the centerline method with a piece of string down each side and have gone from toe in at the front to toe out and the car handles better for me.

I have 15 inch rims and the toe is set to 2mm out on each wheel (overall 4mm toe out) - What does this equate to in degrees & Minutes and how do you work it out?

Thanks.

This is the reason I don’t use mm to measure toe and use 1/100ths of a degree to set toe caster and camber. One degree on a 15" wheel will be the same as one deg on a 13" wheel.  ;)

I think people have slightly missunderstood my question!

I have approx 17min. toe out on each wheel; when people quote the toe settings is it for each wheel or the overall setting?

i.e. have I 17 minutes of toe out or 34minutes of toe out?

You need to ask the person if they're quoting an overall figure or a per-wheel figure.

It is common to use either, but I always quantify mine with "per wheel" or "overall"

Where I work we quote total toe (i.e sum of left and right) and individual Camber (i.e per wheel) for each axle, but not sure if this is industry standard. As already said, as long as its quantified, it doesn't really matter.

You need to ask the person if they're quoting an overall figure or a per-wheel figure.

It is common to use either, but I always quantify mine with "per wheel" or "overall"

Thanks Al,

much appreciated.

I think people have slightly missunderstood my question!

I have approx 17min. toe out on each wheel; when people quote the toe settings is it for each wheel or the overall setting?

i.e. have I 17 minutes of toe out or 34minutes of toe out?

Toe should be quoted as overall and is the way that we do it at work. If quoting toe per wheel it can get very confusing for the owner of the car if you quote one wheel has negative reading and one has a positive reading. Overall toe is the way it is listed in the Autodata information.  HTH ;)