• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martin Keene

• adhawkins

• gee_fin

• oldman

Might be worth a message to Westfield to let them know someone is selling cars on E-Bay pretending to be them...

Andy

No so fishy... I have bought things from 'Westfield' on ebay before, different name but i would put money it being the same person judging by their ebay history ;):)

I think it sounds fishy too. It's not road registered, it's parked at someone's house and the winner will collect from the Westfield factory. Presumably, that'll be just outside the Westfield factory gates....  :suspect:

I doubt that Westfield would have that much trouble selling it for nearer the build price, rather than resorting to this.

I like the "I am Westfield" line - "I am Westfield, Fred Westfield"  :arse:  :p

Might be worth asking JohnSubaru if he did sell it to Westfield then...

Andy

Nothing Fishy about it Guys. It's a genuine advert and it is indeed Westfield selling it

Dammit, no scandal!  I'll close the popcorn box new .. :D:D

No scandal, just bizarre eBay practice -

Description

Bidding starts at only £1.00 with no resereve. Any questions just email me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 26-Apr-06 at 08:39:10 BST, seller added the following information:

Please note reserve is £10000.00 if this is not met then car will be withdrawn @ 9pm today. Many thanks WSC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ended: 26-Apr-06 12:53:14 BST

History: 0 bids

Was certain I saw bids on it. /shrug Anyways, seems a case of cold feet/reserve avoidance. I'm sure the car will sell through the usual routes...

Graeme.

Yeah, fishy if you ask me. I'd be surprised if the factory would try to get around the (minimal) reserve fee...

Andy

if you go on to westfields ownsite and look in the showroom section and click into pre-owned the car is there.

Scott

In that case, they might want to get someone more computer savvy to do the e-bay ads :)

Andy

Perhaps they were trying to mimic Caterham's recent successful 'auction'... all be it without the safegaurds the Dartford factory had put in :D

Why is it a different Ebay ID to the one they employed to sell that Westfield 11 a while ago? That was a sensible one like "westfield sports cars" or something. Its all a bit wierd. I dont think the add does anything for the companies public image its all a bit....village.

When is a reserve not a reserve.When the reserve is held in reserve ??? Kinell eh not so brave a man afterall  :D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.