Croft Sprint

cast iron

Why doesnt some one do a standard letter so we get as many sent as possible in the correct manner.

Only trouble with that is that if they receive a number of almost identical letters, it might have less of an impact than receiving what is obviously an individually crafted complaint from each person...

Andy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• davidgh

• funbobby

• cast iron

Emma don't feel cheeky - slow or not, you still have every right to recieve the accurately timed runs that you have paid your money for!!  Anyhow you had the guts to get out there and go for it, I chickened out of my first event and now just hang around photographing people's  :arse::arse:  instead  :D   Big well done to you :t-up:

Emma

Welcome to the BEC club and get your entries in. If you dont drive the circuits you wont know how good you are and it puts the pressure on that "I have seen the light" partner of yours! :devil:

Didn't hear much about vauxhall engines on Monday did we? :D

Emma don't feel cheeky - slow or not, you still have every right to recieve the accurately timed runs that you have paid your money for!!  Anyhow you had the guts to get out there and go for it, I chickened out of my first event and now just hang around photographing people's  :arse::arse:  instead  :D   Big well done to you :t-up:

Cheers Mrs W!!!!!  :t-up:  :t-up:

My  :arse:  is big enough, it looked horrendous in the tellytubby race suit, so I hope there is no evidence / pics of that on your camera!!!

I can't believe you don't race, I always assumed you did!!!

I've been on other forums today (Porsche Club GB, Midland Sprint etc) to direct others to the photographs and there is no sign of timing complaints (which is a bit odd)

Makes you think it was WSCC SS competitors that received the injustice and not others... which I don't believe for a minute

Rather than get 'litigious' by going the MSA protest route (can't see what we have to gain, apart from DDMC getting a refund), can we not simply let other clubs know of the dissatisfaction, and thereby reduce the chances of bumping into Malvern again?

As Blatters notes - You gotta do it folks - I don't believe anyone is crticising D&DMC for their part in the organisation which can be clearly noted in your letters, keep it concise, polite and factual - it is very difficult not to vent your spleen over something you all feel passionate and strongly about - do that here and leave your letters factual  ;)  :D  ;)

The chances of bumping into MST are very high they operate throughout the UK at various events - they have various timing teams  ;)  ;)

I think (not sure though) we used an MST team at Curborough last year and they were just fine  ;)

I feel a bit cheeky complaining to anyone, as my times were so sh1te anyway!!!!!!  :D  :blush:  :blush:

Emma

You were out there.......

It was your first go......

It was an unfamiliar car.....

And you improved through the day (no matter what Malvern had to say  :0  )........

If you enjoyed it, keep at it  :D

David/Guy

How did the TOYOS perform in the wet and dry?

Your times looked good

You dont need bait these days!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

Here we go then, stands back with hands in the air waiting to be shot down :D

This is what I intend to send...any comments suggestions greatly received

Dear Sirs

I write to you today to express my deep dissatisfaction regarding the performance of Malvern Timing Company at the Auto Digital Sprint on Monday 17th April at Croft. Whilst I appreciate the considerable time and effort put into the day by DDMC the day was somewhat spoilt by the fact that although we were assured of two timed runs on the day the inability of Malvern Timing to record accurate times and in a lot of cases no time at all meant that this assurance was not fulfilled. At the cost of ninety-five pound per competitor for entry alone, I and many others expect what we are promised. As you well know, the essence of a Sprint is a run against the clock. It was also dismaying that those who protested received no offer of another run to get a time, although I appreciate that this would be difficult due to the heavy schedule on the day.

I myself only received one timed run on the day so I don’t even know of I was improving steadily or not.  I was also aware on the day other competitors had reasonably accurate timing equipment on board their vehicles which once compared to the times provided by Malvern timing the differences seemed quite alarming.

I don’t in anyway mean to criticise DDMC as you employed Malvern Timing in good faith and I guess you are as disappointed as we were. Is DDMC going to receive and sort of recompense from Malvern Timing and if so are we the competitors entitled to a full or even a part refund of our entry fees?

Pleased to hear by return

Yours faithfully

:durr:

You don't need much bait these days

Neither do you

Didn't hear much about vauxhall engines on Monday did we?

I'm not sure, but I think Smiffy & Del had 'em :devil:

David/Guy

How did the TOYOS perform in the wet and dry?

Your times looked good

Terry

Didn't really get a truly wet run (the circuit was drying by the time we got out). They were quite twitchy in the damp bits, but certainly no more so than our 1As with plenty of tread.

In the dry, we were delighted by the grip in comparison with the AO32s we ran in the RAFMSA series last year. A couple of times, I thought I had lost it, only to find (after an uncomfortable moment of squirming) the things stuck. Guy and I just kept going more quickly as we started to trust them  --  he reckons there are a couple of seconds still to come.

I've never driven ACB10s, so I can't make that comparison.

One big disadvantage though, they are horribly heavy; 9.5kg each at 205/50-15 (our car would need major suspension mods to run 13" wheels). We didn't really feel the extra unsprung weight though.

HTH

Tommo

Before you start avin a go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you seen my spare timing strut anywhere ???

Didn't hear much about vauxhall engines on Monday did we? :D

Wasn't a good day for some of us  :down:  :down:  :down:

John Hoyle was kicking some :arse:  though  :D  :D down in the 88 seconds, Del and Smithy up there with the big boys :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:

Well thats me nicely lined up for my first run!7152.jpeg