Croft Sprint

cast iron

Despite the fact that Guy and I were much less badly served by the timekeepers than most (our lulus came in practice)

Yours may have done, my "lulu" was my second timed run.

And if you think Emma had it bad, Stewart didn't get a second time at all in the afternoon!

Where's my pen....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• davidgh

• funbobby

• cast iron

ISTM that if there are NTR and obviously bogus times in the published results then, since it is too late to appeal to the stewards of the meeting it is necessary to appeal to the stewards of the championship. I think you've got 7 days from the publication of the championship points, so a while yet.

(I'm a championship steward for the 'other place'. I'm rather glad they weren't at Croft.)

Paul

I'm not sure on this one and would need to check matters fully - but if all drivers who entered Croft agree in writing and presented it to the SS organising team - it might be possible to remove the event from our 2006 championship points tally ??? dunno, maybe a bit OTT  ???  ??? and perhaps a knee jerk reaction - but it might be an option if all drivers agree and are of same opinion

Not sure if i'd be very happy about this Mark!!!!!

I might only be able to do 10 events this year and i need them all to count if i stand a chance of a full points tally.... ???

I fully support all the people who had a problem. As I siad before I do not know if it would have affected final positions in SS classes (Class F was ok) but I agree with Nana in that I need it to count for 2006 championship ;)

With my time off the clock or the acredited time I won my class by 6 seconds so wouldnt like to loose the round. I need 10 rounds and wouldnt relish driving 250 miles to find a replacement - or pay the extra entry fee, but its up to everyone in A I suppose :zzz:

..... it could easily affect someones novice or expert status within any championship if they received a time which gave them an incorrect class win  :down:  :down:  :down:

Mark

I know of nobody who was credited with a time which was obviously too fast, but several who were given times which had probably picked up the finish of the following car (i.e. were around 20 seconds longer than could reasonably have been expected)  --  a sequence presumably corrected by some poor soul getting an NTR, mostly without a re-run.

Ergo, (most likely  :suspect:  ) nobody will have got himself promoted to expert on a time he didn't do. So the 'unfairness' is probably restricted to 'opportunity cost'.

To take Class E as an example, Stewart got an NTR for his last run which he thought was hot (see his post above), so, correctly timed, he might have possibly have beaten Guy for the class win. On the other hand, Guy was credited with a time of around 112s for his last run, which he also thought was hot  --  so, correctly timed, he might have recaptured the putative lead from Stewart.

All too hypothetical  --  and very unsatisfactory  --  but it seems unlikely that there's going to be a consensus for excluding Croft from the championship, so we'll have to live with it.

Rather than get 'litigious' by going the MSA protest route (can't see what we have to gain, apart from DDMC getting a refund), can we not simply let other clubs know of the dissatisfaction, and thereby reduce the chances of bumping into Malvern again?

David

But someone needs to get hold of Malvern and express the dissatisfaction. No-one better to do that than the DDMC. You guys really *should* be putting finger to keyboard/pen to paper and let the organising club know just what a shambles it was, otherwise what will happen? I'll tell you. At the debrief there will be mentions of rumours that the timing wasn't good, but they'll have received no official complaints or evidence to confirm those rumours, so they won't be put off from considering Malvern again for other events. The chance to not run in to Malvern at a future event is *entirely* in the hands of those who have objections. If *YOU* don't say anything, you'll only have yourselves to blame next time :bangshead:

If *YOU* don't say anything, you'll only have yourselves to blame next time :bangshead:

I'll put my oar in with DDMC this evening  :angry: ........

..... probably won't ever get another Croft entry  :down:

Just for clarity I think the sheet showed a "blank space" and not NTR which would indicate a failed run or an off. The absence of any comment was bad and as the last run times were not published until about 1715 and most of us had packed up a re run was impossible as top 12 and Bikes were still in progress. The fact that no one ( Clerk of the Course? ) appeared to be interested did not help those who had issues with timings. Also a bit crap as if a time display had been used at finish line ( which is usual) complaints could have been registered immediately

After receiving only ONE timed run (incidentally I was behind Stewart for the final run and neither of us recieved a time :angry: )

My letter to DDMC and MSA will be off this afternoon. For 95 quid Id expect two timed runs as they promised but never received.

I think the event should still count for the series though, sometimes you need a bit of luck and if thats due to a dangler up

on the timing then so be it, what goes around comes around in the end.

Just for clarity I think the sheet showed a "blank space" and not NTR which would indicate a failed run or an off. The absence of any comment was bad and as the last run times were not published until about 1715 and most of us had packed up a re run was impossible as top 12 and Bikes were still in progress. The fact that no one ( Clerk of the Course? ) appeared to be interested did not help those who had issues with timings. Also a bit crap as if a time display had been used at finish line ( which is usual) complaints could have been registered immediately

I asked the Steward at the end about the blank space and he went upstairs and checked. He came back down and advised that a blank space meant they didnt even have you down as doing a run!!!!

Well we just looked at each other amazed.

The Steward bascily turned round and said there was nothing they could do as they had paid Malvern to do a job and it was down to them. He did advise to put pen to paper and protest to MSA and DDMC.

Is this a repeat of the problems at Llandow ?

I'm sure it was same timing company. I guess we didn't complain then (I didn't but should have) so we are getting same service.

I feel a bit cheeky complaining to anyone, as my times were so ****e anyway!!!!!!  :D  :blush:  :blush:

However, I am still going to "put pen to paper", as I don't see how anything could ever improve if we don't make the problem known, so I am writing to DDMC, and  cc MSA!!

So I'll get typing and fire off the letters, and hopefully won't bump into those rubbish timing folk again (if I ever pluck up the courage to enter anything else!!;)

:)  :blush:  :)

Why doesnt some one do a standard letter so we get as many sent as possible in the correct manner. Short , factual and to the point.

People can cut and paste off here and add our own details etc.

Just a thought :t-up:

Why doesnt some one do a standard letter so we get as many sent as possible in the correct manner. Short , factual and to the point.

People can cut and paste off here and add our own details etc.

Just a thought :t-up:

Crack on then!!  :D  :D