Croft Sprint

cast iron

Perhaps when forwarding correspondence to the MSA - it may be prudent to forward a copy to the organising club as well  ;)  :D

If anyone can e-mail either myself or Steve some facts and details perhaps we could highlight this matter with the organisers  :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• davidgh

• funbobby

• cast iron

Just wanted to add my 2 pennies worth.

We definately do have to tell the MSA about the cr8ppy timing! It's the essential bit of sprinting. :angry::angry:

Can those with no second time not get their money back from the organising club ?

I know a few of you were a bit fed up yesterday and to be honest i was too. I was the one pressing the big button to say go on the startline and had a link to the timekeepers so i know what was goin on up there. First off we had no comunication between the timekeepers and race control so nobody knew who'd been held up or failed so the timekeepers gave a lot of people fails who should have had re-runs. That was supposed to have been fixed near the end of the day but it was still bad. As one of the timekeepers said "we are both mushrooms, Kept in the dark an fed s@*t" an so it did seem. Secondly i believe that the timekeepers computer system kept crashing soo a fair few times where lost that way. In the afternoon it seemed to work better but then it all went t*ts up as these thngs usually do. As for the bikes, they were a welcome addition over previous years and before you start gettin frustrated about only having 2 timed runs think about them. They were supposed to have the same runs as you but ended up losing a timed run because the curfew was approaching fast and the final runs still had to be ran. I ended up with about 50 VERY unhappy bikers who were ready to go out and then were told to wait and hen it came time to go out they where told sorry but you've had your fun for today. I wasnt even told that the day was over until I saw the marshalls coming back in so I wasnt too chuffed myself. Dont get me wrong but i really enjoy marshalling at Croft, especially with the DDMC as Steve usually tries his best for us. But unfortunattly some things still go wrong. Please dont blame the marshalls for that. Yes cover was a bit thin on the ground but as castiron said numbers of marshalls are falling because of things like yesterday. Dont forget that without us VOLUNTEERS who have lives outside of motorsport events like yesterday wouldn't even go ahead.

Sorry for the rant but a few things needed to be said. Apart from those problems I enjoyed finally seeing a few of the people who's names i've seen in this board and watchin the westies fly. Hopefully things will be sorted for next year and i hope to see just as many of you there if not more. It would be a shame if you went off Croft because of one bad day because normally it is about 10000000 times better.

p.s. At least the sun came up after all the rain at the start :D

p.p.s. Sorry about any speeling mistakes as i havent typed this much in about 15 years

I enjoyed the day, apart from seeing how much I need to adapt to the new car. I thought I was going quite well till I saw Trevor/Terry's  :D  times  :(  Must try harder.

Big thanks again to Dell boy, Guy and Stew for the shove back and forwards at the start line  :sheep:

Finally I post on behalf of Tynesides happiest man, who competed for the first time yesterday and enjoyed himself rather a lot.

See you at Aintree  :D

Not only were there times "missing", but after the two practice runs, some cars appeared to be allocated only 1 No.time, and others 3 No, times despite the fact they could have only run a maximum of 2 No. runs. This may have applied only to double drive participants, but I dont think so. Some times appeared suspect and we were left with the feeling :-

Are any of these times "correct" and are the times being allocated to the correct cars ??????

In the event of me having a legitimate re-run, the result was N.T.R.on the result sheet. I cant see how anyone could have left really happy and have the full confidence that their recorded times were in fact fully valid.

Tis very sad and unfortunate that should things happen at a meeting  :down:  :down: and very frustrating for everyone concerned  :down:

However........ what you drivers who competed must realise is that no matter how much spleen venting and comments are made on the boardroom - absolutely nothing can or will be done in order to address the situation unless you put your facts and matters directly in writing to the MSA and organisers  :down:  ;)

Can those with no second time not get their money back from the organising club ?

There may be cause for investigation if the regs state that "there will be a minimum of 2 timed runs" and only one was achieved as with perhaps the bikers - however if 2 timed runs were given, a failure to record the time is not necessarily justification for a refund  :down: only if a failure to record any times could there be a possibility to claim  :down:

however if 2 timed runs were given, a failure to record the time is not necessarily justification for a refund

But surely by definition, if a time wasn't recorded, it wasn't a timed run  ???

Sadly not Mrs W  :down: two timed runs were offered and provided an NTR can be for many reasons - failure of equipment being just one  :down: albeit a consistent failure

Darlington & Dist MC have provided excellent events for many years and are possibly as embarrassed about the situation as much as the drivers are frustrated  :down:  :down:

A rerun following NTR or baulking or any other outside event during practice is, I think, at the discretion of the CoC.

Not offering a rerun of an NTR or a baulked run during the event would seem to make the results invalid. You can (and should) appeal to the stewards before the results are made final.

Anyway, does anybody have the top 12 results? Or know what Roy Dawson's top speed was?

Paul

Good Point Paul - doubtful whether any complaints were made to stewards on the day - however there may still be time 7 days in which to submit objections to MSA and organisers

Exactly how many of the Brit Sprint Champ (Top 12) drivers had an NTR ???

cat now amongst pigeons  :D  ;)  :devil:  :devil:

Don't know, but Mark Smith was 4th fastest at one point...at least I think he was...there was also another Mark Smith there with a single seater  :0

You are quite correct Mark, Darlington & District Motor Club have organized excellent events in the past, and will hopefully do so again in the future. Whilst some of us drivers may be having "a bit of a moan", I'm sure the vast majority of us still appreciate the tremendous ammount of work put in, both on the day and in the prior arrangements to make these events possible

We do not wish, in any way, to discourage the stalwart organizers/marshals etc. from any future events,through a perceived lack of appreciation.

If anyone has a copy of times - it may be an interesting observation to see where and and what time during the events proceedings the NTR's ocurred  ???  ???  ???  ;)  :) and what championships and classes were mostly affected  ???  ???  ???

"a bit of a moan",

It shouldn't be viewed as a moan George  :down:  :down: All drivers spend a lot of time, money and effort with championship times and results being very important and as such comments are heartfelt  :)  ;)

The comments made are not a reflection on DDMC or its volunteers  ;)

However timekeepers are paid to provide a service and as such there should be certain standards achieved which should not reflect on others and as such all competing drivers should write a factual account of the days proceedings and issue to the MSA and organisers  ;)  :)