Croft Sprint

cast iron

I wasn't too impressed by the sparsity of marshalls either - when Nick came off at the chicane, the next car had been released and the only red flag was actually at the chicane, about 50m short of where Nick was.  Surely there should have been marshalls somewhere just around the first corner as well??

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• davidgh

• funbobby

• cast iron

I was a bit dissappointed with the marshall's (which is very very rare as these guys and girls do a sterling job out in all weathers!!;). I had an off coming into the first complex, just went across the concrete over run but no red flags, no marshalls moved from their posts, . I got the car running no problem but Simon Green was the track and so I slowed his run down. He should have got a re-run.

No problems that I was aware of in Class F but clearly the lack of times for some people is unacceptable and at the very least they should have had a re-run. But no explanation is not right and some of the times were very suspect.

The marshalling did appear to be stretched and the Nick Algar incident at the chicane looked very tricky.Good job following driver was alert.Also why were bikes there? with them and the double runs for top 12 run off it restricted our timed runs and made it a long day hanging around.

i was a bit pi??ed off with no time for my last timed run as i feel it was by far my fastest run (only just made it through the harepin at the end of the complex lots of tyre smoke and under steer )

just like to say a big thanks to trevor everall  :devil: ,richard carrol,garry smith & andy rushworth for pushing me to going bike engine it was 14 seconds quicker than my vauxhall last year and the blade engine is £3400 cheeper  :p

i was a bit pi??ed off

Stewart, you've obviously mellowed overnight  :D  :D

He has seen the light and the future is Busa?

or is it kawasaki :p

Was a good day, i fortunately did not encounter the timing issues, if i had i would have been V. :angry:  and demanded another run, it's well out of order to have mis-timed runs and not be allowed to have a re-run... :bangshead:

Well done to all toughs who won there classes and al toughs who improved there times from last year.. :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Just need to find a way on knoberling Overalls.......... :devil: Who mentioned sump plugs....... ???  ???  ???  :devil:  :D

the future is back in f with kawasaki terry did i mention its 200bhp out or the box :p:p

i was a bit pi??ed off

Stewart, you've obviously mellowed overnight  :D  :D

oh yes dave lol  :D  :D

Unfortuneately a somewhat dissapointing day. My only previous competing day at Croft, approx. 4 years ago, I really enjoyed it. But this year I suffered  from the "dissappearing" or "non existant" times,which coupled with the extensive delays between runs, all in all made it a rather frustrating experience.

Just while were on about timing....

I noticed that there was a 64ft beam but no times were shown on any of the sheets i picked up ???

apparently we the competitors need to put a complaint in to the MSA about Malvern timing - Why DDMC dont do it or even take some of the responsibility is beyond me

Sadly yes it is the responsibility of the drivers to forward any complaint or issues with regard to timekeeping - the organising club have met their responsibility for the provision of an approved and licensed MSA Timing Official - that is all that is required by the organising club (officially) - any matters arising from lack of times provided are often explained away by "equipment not functioning correctly" - If drivers feel strongly enough - my personal advice would be to complain and if possible a small signed partition may help - if no-one informs the MSA - then how are they to know or act  :down: If its of any help I'll gladly look through a "draft" that anyone prepares and help in who to direct the correspondence to  :) Just remember though, best thing is to calm down and simply note facts and details - The MSA won't consider personal opinions or comments - However much it may have messed up matters

I wasn't too impressed by the sparsity of marshalls either
You've highlighted a big problem that sprinting and hillclimbing is having at present - the lack of volunteer marshalls is quite frightening  :down:  :down: There appears little shortage in competitors but marshalls for all their hardwork and effort seem to be a "dieing breed"  :down:  :down: finding marshalls is a huge problem for all event organisers - to be honest its possible that very soon at some time we'll attend a meeting which may be cancelled through lack of marshalls  :down:

As well as compete I also marshall mainly at Croft. The numbers are dwindling and the MSA have set up various working committees to try and sort it.

I on average normally have 2 people on post with me, in contrast the British GP last year we had 25 marshalls on post. ???

Was a good day, i fortunately did not encounter the timing issues, if i had i would have been V. :angry:  and demanded another run, it's well out of order to have mis-timed runs and not be allowed to have a re-run... :bangshead:

Well done to all toughs who won there classes and al toughs who improved there times from last year.. :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Just need to find a way on knoberling Overalls.......... :devil: Who mentioned sump plugs....... ???  ???  ???  :devil:  :D

We tried "demanding" a re-run, but were told that the times were fact and all we could do was ensure that the people doing the timing at my next event were a different set of people!!!

It was frustrating - it was my first event so didn't matter to me as my times were crap anyway, but to not be able to see if you improved through the day was a bit annoying!!!

My third run was obviously wrong, as David didn't catch me, but apparently, the fact that my time was recorded was the end of it, despite it being a physical impossibility for David to have come in a few seconds after me!!!  :durr:  :durr:

Never mind, I still had fun, despite standing around for hours being bored!!!

It was my first run too Emma and I had the same problem.

I will be writing to te MSA for sure about Malvern timing.

When you think how much Croft got in entry fee's alone they should be able to provide accurate times. Without times the event is null and void as it becomes nothing more than a track day with very little runs. Not good value for money.

I will certainly be thinking about not attending next year if Malvern are doing the times again. Which is a shame.

If it wasnt for the Westy crack Id have been very p'ed off. It was that which made it a good day still (and getting the chance to blast round Croft). :t-up: