• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

busa

wrighty

In York Jim Belt runs a Turbo Busa Dax at drag events. He has Holeshot wet shallow baffled sump and as far as I know had no problems

Lots of corners on Yorkshire drag strips are there?  :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wrighty

• Terry Everall

• JeffC

• BuGsBuNnY

No corners but massive oil surge due to acceleration and braking?????????????????????????????? :p

Bazzer - Problem was same both times in that the centre pulley crank bolt sheared (Westfield system)

I believe that this was caused by too much tension on the small drive belt and in future this will be fitted slacker.

Current 1396cc Mistral engine has tts dry sump so same problem will not happen.

Bazzer - Problem was same both times in that the centre pulley crank bolt sheared (Westfield system)

I believe that this was caused by too much tension on the small drive belt and in future this will be fitted slacker.

Current 1396cc Mistral engine has tts dry sump so same problem will not happen.

The other reason this happens is if the bolt is not locktited in. If  it comes loose at all the bolt is then in shear rather than tension and will snap pretty quickly.

I know that this has happened to a few people !!!

Bazzer

I've only just read this thread, and I'm a bit off-topic, but I noticed people saying they wanted a megablade...

Mine is for sale unofficially (i havent got round to preparing an advert for it).

See Westicles.net for pictures and an idea to the spec.

Cheers,

Al.

Loctite used in both cases

No corners but massive oil surge due to acceleration and braking?????????????????????????????? :p

Yes but thats only half the equation, a sump that works under acceleration and possibly braking (do they really brake at max retardation at the end of a drag run like you would on a circuit?), doesnt necessarily work when cornering left to right as well  :durr:

Agreed

thinking about oil surge  ..in the bike do they have problems when a  hayabusa is laid right over on its side cornering ,  on the back wheel wheelie-ing for miles, on the front wheel doing endo"s..  ???  :cool:

Cornering a bike presents no problem for the engine as centrifugal force keeps the oil pretty level in the sump. The boys who do long distance wheelies seemingly rarely do it on Busa's but Gixxer thousands/ZX's/R1's etc etc. You don't see too many going bang as a result so they're either OK as standard, or they've had sump/oil system work...

It ain't possible to get a 'busa to wheelie at an angle where the pick up pipe is exposed in the sump; unless of corse u flip it  :D

But do remember it is mounted accross the frame in the bike.

Duke's used to blow the oil out of the breather doing a long wheelie; went all over rear tyre as well