• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

busa

wrighty

any ideas who it is ] you ex bikers?

I'm not an ex biker 'cos I still ride every day...

Is it Dave Molyneux?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wrighty

• Terry Everall

• JeffC

• BuGsBuNnY

:cool:
No, it isnt dave molyneux, but dave is i think,11 x tt sidecar champ. anyhow anyone who can go round the tt at those sort of speeds and be seriously impressed with a westfield[ enough to want one] It cant be bad, can it?

It is that red one after all. The guy bought it but didnt like the experience (apparently) so selling it. The spec is quite nice apart from the dry sump...

Thanks to Ian for the phone number!

steve m hit the nail on the head,you have to generate enough g to be needing one,road tyres etc and the std sunp or short pan will work.

steve m hit the nail on the head,you have to generate enough g to be needing one,road tyres etc and the std sunp or short pan will work.

Steve will correct me if I am wrong, but I think in the Dax installation you can install the standard sump without cutting it down for improve ground clearance. I think this can make a big difference, in a westfield you have to chop the bulge off the bottom of the sump.

Bazzer

:) Gentlemen, I must apologise. I know i have done a couple of posts but i have never introduced myself as a new member, i have been a member of the wscc for approx 5 years, but not on the net.so hi to you all. My bestest mate is a guy called Tony Brown who done quite a few races {it must be 10 years ago at least] .Narrow body Vaux eng, Race no 91 if any of you recall. He is still using the same car and doing the odd event via the wigton mc. Getting back to the dry sump crack. He thinks the bird and busa should be dry sumped.so there:

I believe that both Holeshot and Mistral do special shallow baffled sumps that work well even with turbo charged cars.

I have a dry sump/

actually, terry, i was talking to a guy last night.He had a Dax-busa. He is a local guy and did not use the car for track use and he nacked the engine.

i know of three that have needed a rebuild caused by the dry sump system failing,broken belts and pulley bolt broke,each type of dry sump system has issues.you take a chance both ways

I don't think its that simple really.

I think if you run a wet sumped car of pretty much any description on sticky tyres on certain tracks you will see oil surge.

However some engines seem to tolerate it more than others. The busa engine seems to not be that good at tolerating it. The Blade and R1 engines seem better.

Most of the people I know with wet sumps and data logging have seen oil surge on there logs at some point or other.

There are also issues that dry sumps don't cure as well, especialy at high speed hi rev circuits like Spa. You can end up with an awful lot of oil in the engine and not in the tank in these situations. On the Busa it tends to stay in the head rather than in your dry sump tank.

Bazzer

Yes ,my dry sump system has failed twice. Interesting both at Cadwell park!

Once on track day and last year on third run in Speed Series.

Hit the kill switch both times and minimal damage caused but a few seconds more could have been big bucks to repair

In York Jim Belt runs a Turbo Busa Dax at drag events. He has Holeshot wet shallow baffled sump and as far as I know had no problems

Yes ,my dry sump system has failed twice. Interesting both at Cadwell park!

Once on track day and last year on third run in Speed Series.

Hit the kill switch both times and minimal damage caused but a few seconds more could have been big bucks to repair

In York Jim Belt runs a Turbo Busa Dax at drag events. He has Holeshot wet shallow baffled sump and as far as I know had no problems

Terry

What happened to your Dry sump system, what failed ?

Bazzer