• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAT1800

• Gavin

• Flappa

• KerryS

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Matt my car is a 1999 factory build with a Ford ECU, but I have an MBE ECU that I am also fitting that I purchased from Westfield at the same time.

Double checked and triple cheked and the only connection from loom to ECU loom is that 12 pin oval shped plug

Have a look in the picture of my car to the left and you can see where the ECU was mounted, a totally different place to where it is in the instructions we were given.

I wouln't worry about the position of the ECU just now, :D:D

So your MBE ecu has a 12pin and your loom only has a 4 pin?  ???

Mine kit had a 12 pin very long plug into the ECU and another to join to the existin gloom, which could have been a four pin. Have you got the new to existing loom plug sorted?

Brrr....

Right, just had a look through the instructions again.... and I'm stumped, you should have a 4 pin plug from your chasis loom to your new loom.

So I presume the part of the loom you removed must have had a 12pin connection also.... Anything unusall about you car?

I can't see why you would have a 12pin  ? ?

Is this sorted now?

IIRC there are two plugs for the madness engine. One is a square 12 pin that plugged into the ford injection loom, the other a 4 pin which was the power to the ECU and the feed to the fuel pump I think (not 100%).

What have you got Gavin ???  send me a copy of the pics if you can, and I'll take a look.

I would say though that the kit was intended to upgrade madness kits, and I would doubt that yours is so there could well be a difference. I know that you needed the MBE ECU. Perhaps you just need a change of plug....

Gavin, Flappa.

I've looked at the photo and you're right I can see two plugs one 4 pin the other 12 pin.. :):)

Unfortunately it doesn't help me much to answer why??

I'm just stuffing my face then I'll be out in the garage with mine, I'll have a look and a think then and post back if anything obvious comes to mind.

Mat.:)