Lamba on Zetec

MAT1800

Hi flappa,

I checked the tps voltage but struggled to get it below .71 more like .72 but that's as far as the tps will rotate?

A quick check with the syncro, had them all at about 14 kg/h.

How's yours now?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAT1800

• Gavin

• Flappa

• KerryS

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambda again? Unless you can tell from the ECU as to whether closed loop is enabled or not, fiddling with the Lambda sensor or the wiring won't make any difference at all.

I suspect that closed loop running is switched off, in which case I'd remove the Lambda sensor and plug the hole because if it's running that rich chances are you might damage the Lambda sensor itself.

And I wouldn't switch closed loop on to map the car either. Much better to use the gas analyser on the rolling road than the (as good as usless) narrow band Lambda sensor supplied. The *ONLY* thing a "normal" Lambda sensor is for is to make sure that you don't destroy a catalytic converter. Other than that, treat is a novelty item for producing the number 14:1 on your ECU diagnostics...

I agree, I've tried all sorts of Lamba wiring and non of them seemed to make any difference.

You recon I could have done any harm? anything likely that is..

Nope?

it's the first time I've ever used a synchro.  and the engine was vibrating quite a bit, but I'm sure and I've got the synchro here with me that it was 14kg/h.  on a scale of 0-30 syncro, that seemed to fit, I was just looking to see if they were equal, what the norm?

At idle about 4 to 4.25 (see WF instructions).

At 14 it must be racing quite a lot....and the pots can't closed, unless the by-pass screws are wide open.

What rpm?

Do the butterfly's look closed?

The rpm was about 900, I couldn't get it any higher this was with the adjustment screw at full, and therefore I increased the cable tension just to open them slightly, but with little effect. it sounded very lumpy, not as though it was racing though?

By pass screws fully closed.

:(

Mat,

Doesn't sound right to me. On mine when it first ran it was very lumpy. I had to turn up the idle screw a little to keep it running, idling at just above 1000rpm. When I got my synchrometer and checked, the balance was actually way out. The cylinders were on about 2.5, 3.5, 4 and 5.5 (hence the lumpyness I assume).

After I had adjusted them it ran pretty smooth. Set them all to just above 4kg/h (4.3'ish) and the idle speed is around 950rpm.

I'll have to reset it all and try again??

Something isn't right though, was /is your running rich?

Sorry all have been out, i was not one of the bulk buy but bought my kit at the same time only differences being i am running 130 cams and a 956e ECU so i am not sure if the map would be much use (but that is a bit beyond my knowledge :D ) but can do if it would help

Nobles have got all the kit lead and everything and were happy to do the work. They set it up so that it is still in on the emisions and they seemed very clued up.

I will go and copy the graph in a second and put it up if it helps.

Cheers

Jack

Jack,

A view of your graph would be worth while thanks, what are the peak values?

Mat,

I don't believe that mine is running rich, it does fume a little when it's cold but this stops once it has warmed up. I don't have the know how to interigate the map as yet, and I have yet to drive it in anger.

I'm thinking a crash course in easymap and borrowing a laptop is the answer, but at the moment I wouldn't know where to start. How close a map do you think it would be?

Your making me all jelous playing with your new upgrades. Not got mine yet !!! :devil:  :devil: Westfield have still not got my ECU and expect it to take around another 10 days before it arrives from MBE !!! :devil:  :devil:

If you don't remember I had to purchase an ECU aswell, as my car currently has the stadard Ford one.

Really is starting to drag now, how long does it take to manufacture/post an ECU !!