• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAT1800

• Gavin

• Flappa

• KerryS

Top Posters In This Topic

Your making me all jelous playing with your new upgrades. Not got mine yet !!! :devil:  :devil: Westfield have still not got my ECU and expect it to take around another 10 days before it arrives from MBE !!! :devil:  :devil:

If you don't remember I had to purchase an ECU aswell, as my car currently has the stadard Ford one.

Really is starting to drag now, how long does it take to manufacture/post an ECU !!

At least 10 days.. I guess

:D  :D

But it's well worth it, or it will be.  :)

My kits in the garage on the bench and thats probably where it will stay for the next few weeks. :angry:  :angry:  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

BTW anyone near Mansfield with a synchrometer I could borrow?

John

was just over £300 but it is excellent.

:D

couldn't resist.

Matt, Your sounding like Blatman  :D

Just what this site needs another smart :arse:    :p  :p  :D  :D

Can someone give their verdict on the graph then, cos it means very little to me.  :D  :D  :p

Jack said that he has different cams in his (1800?)

Kerry, can you post another copy of yours here to compare. Looks like more horses in Jack's, not sure about the torque tho'

Mat without sounding patronising Red line is BHP, Green is torque. I believe but may be wrong the smoother the red line the better, and the higher it goes the better ;)

Apart from that and the lines looking pretty, thats as much as i know :D

Jack

Graph looks about right for a 1.8 Zetec on TB's. Torque curve is nice and flat and peaks at what looks like 123/124ft/lb's in a nice place, and power at about 155bhp looks to be right on the money. Over 100ft/lb's of torque available from just over 3000rpm is OK as well, although if you have the time/money/inclination, I'd see if you could improve that delivery a bit lower down the rev range.

All in all looks to be pretty much spot on, nicely in line with 1.8 Speedsport spec. Nice :t-up:

Mat without sounding patronising Red line is BHP, Green is torque. I believe but may be wrong the smoother the red line the better, and the higher it goes the better ;)

Apart from that and the lines looking pretty, thats as much as i know :D

Jack

You're wrong. The smoother and flatter the torque curve the better.

Power (red) line looks nice and smooth, with no large peaks or troughs right through the rev range. The car will be smooth to drive and will pull like a train.