Westfield racing seats

roodboy

Does anybody have any pictures of westfield vinyl racing seats and the uncovered fibreglass ones.  I currently have roadster 7 seats and find I`m occaisionally peering over the windscreen.  I`m 6' and want to fit some seats that will sit me a bit lower in the car.

I`ve looked on the westfield website but there are no pics of the seats.  Any pics or links to sites with pics would be good.

I have a '97 wide bodied car so should be no probs with fitting them in.

Thanks

Chris

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bean

• Blatman

• Steve R

• Tigger

I had  uncovered versions fitted to my last westy, more comfortable then you would imagine..

westy087.jpg

This is one fitted to my invisible Westy, note the very low ground clearance :D:D

race seat.jpg

Tigger

Just a thought, Westfield actually do some lower floorpans now which would drop you seat around 50mm.

This would involve re-welding the two cross bars that support the seat and re-revitting the new panels in.

May be cheaper but a bit more involved.

Tigger

I beleive they would as you can use the same seat runners (or not if you choose) as any other seats.

Tigger

That's true, you just get a load of flies in ya gob - LMAO :angry::cool:

Tigger

I'm 6'2" and have set the seat to be about 1" forward of the rear bulkhead panel at the nearest point (backrest), i.e. plenty of legroom if I needed more, so you should be ok.  

I would have thought they'd offer slightly more room than the sports seats due to the thinner padding.

You can also alter the angle of the seat to suit before you drill and bolt it to the mounting frame which is a bonus if you have excessively short/long arms in relation to your legs (not that I'm suggesting that you do have! ). :D

Steve.

This is one fitted to my invisible Westy, note the very low ground clearance :D:D

race seat.jpg

Tigger

That's a handy pic, I've not got around to drilling the holes in my seats for fixing brackets yet.  :)

The person with whom I share the car (SEiW 1994) complains about having to look through the top rail of the screen.

We have the standard high backed seats.

So we went out and purchased a seat from Westfield as in Tigger's picture.

Result: No lower (maybe 1/2 an inch)

Also the Westfield seat is very floppy at the top and so doesn't hold the shoulders as well as the standard seat.

The answer is to bolt the seat to the floor, but this means no more adjustement

Cheers Steve.. Thanks for the info

Will look into a set of these once I have..

Upgraded the brakes... sorted the suspension...fitted the elec. ignition etc. etc.

And of course sold the idea to my darling wife!!!

;)

Thanks for the advice and pics.  I`m goona go with a new seat on runners rather than fixed to the floor of the car as I`d like it to be adjustable.  

JeffC- How did you find the uncovered seats with regards to stiffness!!(the seat!;)  I`ve heard from some people that thay tend to flex a bit,  whereas others have said that they`ve had no problem at all.

Cheers