• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oioi

• Matt Seabrook

• Mark B

• a4gom

I have both and dont like the aeroscreen on the road. But on the track its better.

Agree with Matt.  For me, I also don't like aero on the road, but it's perfect on track.

Yeah, went to a track day and got outnumbered 7-1 in favour of the aeroscreen, so started thinking more about switching for weight & aero advantages, but then picked up WSCC mag, and most of the pics of cars had windscreen, so started thinking about keeping the creature comforts.

Was thinking of this change myself.  Matt and Chris, why not for the road?  ??????

[blatman]do a search[/blatman]

Aeroscreen all the time, even nothing is better than a windscreen (well, as long as the rest of the car is there IYSWIM  :D ).

Stated in full knowledge that I have a windscreen in the garage that I must sell one day.

Aero for me on this car. Less buffeting around the back of the head; no rain on inside of screen; light/moderate rain goes straight over your head if you keep car moving; lighter car (more acceleration/terminal speed if that's important to you); and I think it gives a much more extreme "open" driving sensation

The only downside I find is following close behind stuff you tend to get sanblasted face from all the road crap/fine gravel

Was thinking of this change myself.  Matt and Chris, why not for the road?

I agree & endorse all the performance, weight, sensation etc comments.

However, for me, on the road, I prefer the windscreen.  It's  because I'm often taking a passenger (usually one of my children) and because the roads & weather are too unpredictable I don't like being shot blasted with grit, rain, hail, grass etc.  Thus with the aero I always wear a helmet - which removes (for me) some of the pleasure of being able to have a conversation with your passenger or passers by.

There used to be a neat little screen from Zauber in Germany, which was a 2 part screen, with a horizontal split in both the glass and the pillars - so you could fit the top half, and it was just like a normal windscreen, or remove it and be left with something like an aeroscreen. Had a look for it again recently - but it seems to have gone off the site now. Anybody got one - or know if they can still be had?

Steve

Windscreen for me everytime, although I only use mine on the road & often drive where there is *no* cover.

Don't see the attraction of being hit in the face by stones, flys etc, and most of all getting soaked!

:0

dont think zauber will supply to the uk market... at least they wouldnt enter into any correspondance when they first released the new rear lights!

I got a reply from them when I enquired about the aero/winsdcreen in question. However it was so expensive it would have been cheaper to buy several windscreens and pillars on Ebay and experiment until I got it right...